Mileage reporting week 8 of 2016

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
I must have been tired after working up to 26.4 miles last week, plus the adding the weight lifting. My right hamstring felt iffy over the weekend and still on Monday, so I only biked and swam Monday and Tuesday.

Today, everything felt fine, so I ran an easy 10 miles barefoot. Must have been the perfect combination of pace, weather, and attire, because I did not perspire or turn my usual pink. I talked with someone after, who asked if I was getting ready to run, and when I said I had just run 10 miles, they were shocked!

I'm just getting my legs back after an extended lazy period. So far this week I have 9 miles running. I also have almost six miles walking (I walk a couple miles during lunch as I can).

I'm looking forward to getting "back in the game" this spring with a couple local 5k's.

I must have been tired after working up to 26.4 miles last week, plus the adding the weight lifting. My right hamstring felt iffy over the weekend and still on Monday, so I only biked and swam Monday and Tuesday.

Today, everything felt fine, so I ran an easy 10 miles barefoot. Must have been the perfect combination of pace, weather, and attire, because I did not perspire or turn my usual pink. I talked with someone after, who asked if I was getting ready to run, and when I said I had just run 10 miles, they were shocked!

What happened to your hammie? weights?
20 miles so far for me

Reactions: Tedlet
What happened to your hammie? weights?
20 miles so far for me
I have been feeling it there, very mildly and off and on before I started the weights, but I'm sure that could have added to the reaction. I don't feel it WHEN I'm actually lifting weights, though, only intermittently during runs. I've been making sure to roll it more and I think that is calming it down.

I have been feeling it there, very mildly and off and on before I started the weights, but I'm sure that could have added to the reaction. I don't feel it WHEN I'm actually lifting weights, though, only intermittently during runs. I've been making sure to roll it more and I think that is calming it down.

I hope it doesn't amount to anything, hopefully the rolling will take care of it.

Just over 25 miles for the week, in spite of my late start. Topped it off with a couple hours of dancing Saturday night. So much fun!

I think I have the hamstring thing figured out. I think I was stressing it with some heavier duty digging type yard work. I am now moderating the force I exert on the spading fork and that is making a difference.

Ended up with 33 miles for the week and 154 miles for the month.
It was a good running month for me.

Just over 25 miles for the week, in spite of my late start. Topped it off with a couple hours of dancing Saturday night. So much fun!

I think I have the hamstring thing figured out. I think I was stressing it with some heavier duty digging type yard work. I am now moderating the force I exert on the spading fork and that is making a difference.

Good! is all about good digging form :). Don't you think?

Reactions: happysongbird
How do you people get so much time for running?:D
On the other hand, great for you. I feel some gentle envy.

Well this is how it goes, when you want something you make it happen. For me I use my lunch hour for running and sometimes I do doubles, and sometimes I run commute(in nice weather) so there you have it!