Mileage Reporting Week 7 (Feb 13 - 19)

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
I'm not complaining, but I've been balancing my running schedule with 2 weeks travel in Cozumel, then we just got a new puppy! I did manage 18-19 miles the last couple of weeks, and got off to a good start today with 6.2 miles. It hasn't been quite warm enough to shed my Sockwa's yet, but it is getting very close. I just hope all the anti-snow grit gets washed away soon from the road side and the construction gets finished on my favorite running paths. All the snow slowed that way down.

6.9km this morning -back round the lake again.
The temperature was hovering around freezing point, but there was a steady cool breeze aswell which dropped it a few more degrees whilst running. Ground was fairly dry, so apart from crossing the wooden bridges where the frost really collects, it was ok underfoot.
Legs did feel a bit stiff though today -could be the effect of the cold I suppose. But an enjoyable run and good to get out again after sticking to the gym for a few days..:)

Wednesday's brick...

Had a few days rest to let my foot heal (5th metatarsal/cuboid joint), feeling a little better but still achey so decided i'd increase the power on the bike and take the run a great deal more easy than normal.

Ride... 1:30:20 - 31.30 miles - 679 ft - Zwift Watopia Volcano Flat (Trek Mission)

Run... 34:23 - 2.05 miles treadmill.

Got my 20 min average power on the bike up to 3.118 w/kg - my highest yet so well pleased to finally break the 3 w/kg barrier. The run was just walking gently at 2.5 mph interspersed with short runs at 4.8 mph really focusing on perfect form and not stressing my foot out too much. Then i went out for a few miles walk around town - barefoot as always - and foot doesn't feel any worse than when i got out of bed so very happy with the rehab so far.

Current plan is to keep the treadmill at that until i can run a whole hour at 4.8 mph without issues and then build back from there.

Looking on the positive side, it's a great opportunity to slow things down for a while with the running and totally focus on form - which i have a tendency to let slack in the pursuit of speed sometimes. :D

I just hope all the anti-snow grit gets washed away soon
I hate this time of year. Yes, things have warmed up and the snow gone making it very tempting but gosh darn my road is miserable with the grit. Feet are usually at there softest too, making it practically unbearable. Luckily I have the paved rail trail nearby though that doesn't help my foot toughness and I have to spend gas to get there and it closes at dark.

So Monday I finally got a long run in. First double digit since last fall - 10 miles plus 1 mile walk cool down. Barely a long run, just ticking my distance back up in small increments. Ran it with Yvonne. Maybe at a slightly faster pace than I've been doing through my winter lul. Was a great run in full sun. But man my calf were sore the next day, dang thing. had to take it off. Today still a little sore but after some rolling and then walking I went out for an easy 5.25 miles no problem.

8km gentle run today to round off the week.
Nice to run after sun-up again as the days gradually start to get lighter earlier. Temperature was pretty good today too.
Passed a few groups of other runners heading in the opposite direction & exchanged the usual 'good morning' with all of them.
Bit stiff again today though. Not sure what's happening there -maybe it's time to go and get a rub down from the physio again...

No running for me last week except Sunday 4 miles.
We were skiing in Crested Butte Colorado (ski till you drop days)
Thursday I got back at it with Boulder for 5 miles.
This morning we did 6.5 miles at 5:30 am 61 deg. f. 88 % Rh.
We saw one pair of ducks that flew right overhead, just about daybreak (cool).
We are still spotting rabbits.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
That week I didn't get to running much. The weather, and the office, and then I got out for a run, and it was late, and some indigestion, and bang, wipe-out on the sidewalk. Not too bad, but it was warm enough so I was wearing shorts, so skinned the left knee, as well as the same little patch on the top-side of my foot. just below where the second and third toe attach. I seem to fall pretty safely, but habitually with the top-side of my left foot and left knee hitting the ground concurrently. So, only got 10 miles in that night: I decided to catch the subway home. Then there was only one Central Park Loop of 6.1 miles that week. So That's just 16.1 miles for the week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090