Mileage reporting week 5 of 2015

4km this morning along the snow covered path. Air temp. not too bad -around 2 degrees C.
Furthest for me to date & all barefoot, so although I'm a long way off the serious distance runners, think I'm quietly happy with progress so far.

It is good to be happy with your own progress.

Reactions: Tedlet
3.25 miles at 50°F (10°C) wearing shorts and a tank top. (odd to get credit for the winter challenge wearing this!) At the start of the run, I was thinking I might have been mistaken, due to the icy wind gusts, but by the second mile I was quite comfortable. My outfit was in stark contrast to everyone else out there.:eek: The injured foot has been aching some more, so I am still evaluating it, although, it didn't hurt enough to keep me from dancing last night, also barefoot. Hubby surprised me when I picked him up from the airport at 8 PM and whisked me off to dance, even though I was NOT dressed for going out, being dressed in sweats and a turtle neck. The lady bar tending heard about it and gave me a Jim Beam's Devil's Cult whiskey t-shirt for free. We had the floor to ourselves and had great fun for about an hour before heading home.

2.35 km on Saturday in Sockwa G4. I hadn't ran since October 22. Around -30 C so it is quite cold nowadays. I'm getting back in shape as I'm hoping to run a half marathon on June 20.

I might have caught some kind of frost-nip on my ankles as my the skin on my ankles was swollen and itchy after the run. It went away in about a half hour.

Reactions: skedaddle
Welcome back Josh, hope your frost nip is minor.

Well this week turned out to be not so great. But that happens a lot when I'm on night shifts plus busy at home.

I did get in the aforementioned 3mi snow run on Monday. Then Tuesday I woke up early enough in the afternoon to get another 3-miler in but it was too cold and nasty out. 20ºF and I didn't note the wind chill since I didn't go barefoot. Wore my SoftStar Dash shoes. We got some more snow Friday and would have been nice for a run but too busy and got too late. Was hoping the snow would remain the next day so I could get a run in without worrying about all the road grit... and it did but again I was too busy. Left in the morning with my truck to move a friends bed, then while I was on their side of town I picked up 4,000 lbs of Eco Bricks in the truck which I had to unload all by hand later. Actually one ton of them I moved twice since I had to stack em a few hundred pounds at a time on the tailgate, then hop down and restack them in the garage. So in the end I moved 6,000 lbs worth of Eco Bricks. But I didn't even get back home until after dark.

Sunday I had most the day to myself. Went out for a run but it was warm and all the snow turned to slush. Slush is just to cold for barefoot. Turned back, .75mi. Decided I didn't want to soak any shoes either so for the first time this year hopped on the treadmill. 7 miles.

Week total only 13.75 :meh:

Also got some stairs in at work, 242 flights.

This new week not looking so great either, my 72hr week.

Most excellent 5 mile run at 6:15 am 57 deg. f..
saw rabbits, squirrels, ducks and 28 parrots.
Heard 1 owl.

Took most of this week off cross training down the slopes in Crested Butte Colorado.:headphone:

I feel very fortunate!