Mileage Reporting Week 48 (Nov 28 - Dec 3)

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
Has it really been that long since I checked in here? I took last week totally off, then began this week with a 6.3 miles in some blustery off-and-on hail. Quite chilly for the upper body, but not bad for the feet, since the asphalt path stayed pretty dry.

5 mile run at 5:00 am 53 deg. f.
Boulder and I had some really good flow moments.

Has it really been that long since I checked in here?
Yep, so don't be a stranger! ;)

Monday was a rest day for me, Tuesday got out on the rail trail for 7.2 miles at an easy pace, then today my plans changed and had to cut todays run short at 2 miles. Last two days have been all above winter challenge 50F mark, I am not complaining one bit. But it's suppose to get cool again tomorrow, perhaps those were the last 'shorts' runs of the year.

Ran 3.2 miles on Wednesday, then 8.4 yesterday (Friday). I was hoping for longer, but it turns out that if I dig vigorously in the garden for 2 hours, including lots of squats and large tools, it makes my legs tired the next day... Now, I am going to be a wimp and go run indoors for about 1.6 miles, just to bring my weekly mileage up to 20 miles, but I won't over do it, because I *have to* go dancing tonight.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
Couple of good runs this week. Both pretty cold though: 5.9km mid week at around minus 5C & 8.25km this morning at minus 1C. Both sessions were dry, which helps -not sure how far I'd get if it was wet at those temperatures.
My route generally takes me through some really leafy sections and across a couple of wooden bridges. -Both the leaves and the bridges retain more moisture than the pathway and so normally hold a thicker frost. Hence these bits are always coldest underfoot, although it doesn't usually take too long to warm through again.

Think I've got used to running in the cold more quickly this year for some reason. Definitely enjoying the early morning challenges to wake me up for the day!:)...

Reactions: IraR and Tristan
29.77 miles For the week. Yesterday was a long run, ran 14 with Yvonne. In the 30's (F) but wind chill put it a couple degrees below freezing. Didn't have any problems going barefoot. But I did have an unexpected calf problem at around 12 miles. All the sudden it cramped up with a somewhat sharp pain. Had to walk for a couple minutes, which only slightly helped, then got back into a slow jog until the last .5 we walked again. I have no explanation, except maybe I hadn't fully recovered from my 4-miler on Thanksgiving? My recovery tends to suck, but that means it really sucks lol. I was going to say this kind of thing never happens to me - but I do recall one other time I had a similar painful issue with my calf that hit all of a sudden, and surprisingly it was very similar - on a long run at around the same distance and was a week after a short 5k race. That was well over 3 years ago though, while training for my first marathon. I know there are folks out there that pull off marathons on back to back weekends. Can I not even do a modest long run a week and a few days after a short 4 miler? Dang this week body. :inpain: Well, going to be on day shift the next 3 days so likely I wont be running and get a few rest days, but I wanted to get a couple more miles today. I hate taking 4 in a row off that really disrupts things. But I don't think I'll be running today.

Reactions: IraR and Tedlet
Dang this week body. :inpain: Well, going to be on day shift the next 3 days so likely I wont be running and get a few rest days, but I wanted to get a couple more miles today. I hate taking 4 in a row off that really disrupts things. But I don't think I'll be running today.
Nothing wrong with taking a break every now and then if your body needs it (even if it is perhaps enforced by work commitments) -you'll come back stronger for it!:)..

Reactions: Tristan
Last week's total was two 12.5-mile runs in Brooklyn and over the bridge into Manhattan, one barefoot for 12 miles and in the Xero kits for the other half-mile, and the other barefoot for 10-miles and in the Xeros for the other 2.5. one on Thursday night, the other on Saturday night, both under 50-degrees, although here and there there were blasts of artificial sources of heat. My fingers definitely were getting cold (especiallly on the Manhattan Bridge over the East River). So it was 25 miles for the week, 22 barefoot. I hope I'll get as much in for the current week, though I'm not so hopeful.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet