Mileage Reporting Week 43 ( Oct 25- Oct 31)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
Boulder and I did a 3 mile run Tuesday at 4:30 am. It was 66 deg. f. with clear skies. Lots of stars, bright moon and one shooting star.
Excellent outing!

13km with my local running group this morning, lots of gnarly gravel and a few sniggers at the only barefoot idiot in the bunch tiptoeing across the worst stony bits.

On the way to the start I was pecked on the head by a swooping magpie (local Australian bird with murderous tendencies during nesting season) who has got me three times in the last two years, but at least she didn't draw blood this time. I now have PTSD and every time I hear flapping wings it is all I can do to keep myself from hitting the deck and screaming like a ten year old.

Caught up with the harriers and ran the standard 7.5km loop with one of the older chaps who is slowing down a bit, was nice to jog along and chat with him so he didn't have to run the loop alone. Finished up with an uneventful jog home.

My longest run for a while, and with the gravelly sections I'm nursing that lightly cheese-grated feeling on the bottom of my feet which I think is good - my feet didn't get damaged, but they got a gentle reminder that they need to toughen up a bit because I could do it again at any time without warning. ;):barefoot:

5.4 miles Sunday with temps in the 40's. Saw lots of geese, a Blue Heron and a couple of deer. Not too many people out today though- mainly duck hunters putting the final touches on their duck blinds. Duck hunting starts tomorrow and usually lasts pretty much until the bay freezes.

Reactions: Tedlet