Mileage Reporting Week 40 of 2015

Go Barefoot

Barefooters
Oct 25, 2011
Grand Island, NE
Took off work again today to work on the wooden privacy fence around the perimeter of our backyard. This weeks forecast is for rain all week so wanted to get something accomplished on it before the rain begins.

Hit the trail before sun up to get in a 6.25 mile run before starting on the fence project. Had a great run as temp was at 60 degrees. Decided to run in the rain this week if I have to in order for me to get my runs in for the week.

Well back to working on the fence project... while barefoot of course!

The temps have been really great here, too, for the last week! Today I ran 12.1 miles. My foot tenderness, whatever it is, has gotten much better, so that I hardly felt it at all today. I did feel some tightness in my hamstrings from the heavy yardwork I did last week, but was still just trying to run by relaxed feel and stay comfortable. Imagine my happy surprise when I saw I had completed the distance at a fairly steady 9:36 mm pace. Just a few months ago, a run that felt that way would have been at a 10:30 mm pace. Yay!:happy:

5 mile at 4:30 am 73 deg. f. 73% Rh..
clear skies with lots of stars, Big ole moon and Venus.
Lots of Rabbits.
I heard one owl:happy:

Got my first run in for a week this morning on, what I hope, will be one of the last warm and humid days this year.
The last week was spent logging, splitting and stacking 5 full cords of wood and 2 days weed-whacking so I slept well and didn't have the energy to run!

Up early this morning to fit in a 6 mile run before going to work. Was out and running around 4:25 am. The moon was out making visibility great! Temp was quite cool at 47 degrees. Feet did not get cold though and turned out to be a really nice morning run.

Saw two deer in the neighborhood probably munching on someones pretty flowers. :hungry: There kinda like big rabbits I guess. A person can sneak up fairly close to them while running barefoot before they hear/see you approaching. The neighborhood German shepherd can also be snoozing and not hear me go past "his" property when running barefoot but that darn nose is VERY sensitive and if the wind is in his favor prepare yourself to hear alot of LOUD angry barking. The barking pretty much scares the crap out of you especially at 4:30am when its still dark out and you just woke up from a deep slumber 15 minutes earlier. :eek:

Got my first run in for a week this morning on, what I hope, will be one of the last warm and humid days this year.
The last week was spent logging, splitting and stacking 5 full cords of wood and 2 days weed-whacking so I slept well and didn't have the energy to run!

Sounds like alot of physical work. Sometimes those projects can be fun but there is no fun involved in a full day of weed wacking. My wife and I have been cleaning up a small acerage we plan to move to and I have been having some of those days of weed wacking. Not something you look forward to and at the end of the day when your done you are so coverd with weeds you look like a walking green bush!

Reactions: happysongbird
Early run again before work this morning. Kinda tired during the run. Ran 5.75 miles before the run turned into a walk as feet were sore from the two laps on the rough old asphalt around the lake loop. Gonna have to find a smoother surface for tomorrows run probably back to the bike trails for a day or two. Saw no animals this morning only a couple of felines. Ohh and I did not wake the German sheperd either.

After the usual Tuesday bike and swim, Wednesday was a recovery run. Thursday was run 2 miles in Luna's on hills and chip seal, plus biking. Friday, today, was an exhilarating 7 miles barefoot as normal, followed by .5 miles cools down. All the usual ducks and hawks around the ponds. I'm almost ready to add in rougher surfaces some again...

Well this morning I ran 6.25 miles on the bike trail west of town which I have never ran on before. Wasn't totally sure where I would end up but ended up running on some streets in a really nice neighborhood to get in the 6 miles I wanted. Temp was around 50 degrees. Its so nice to run in new areas and see different things.

5 miles on Thursday still awesome skies!!

Started out this morning at 5:00am and ran 7 miles 61 deg. 63%Rh..
The stars and moon seem extra bright.
Both morning I heard 1 owl :p.

I am looking at a new 1/2 marathon in Lewisville TX just up the road It is called That Dam 1/2 ( run by a lake on the dam) for October 18th.

Feet Good Legs Good!!!

6.5 miles this morning with some sprinkles. Ran on bike trails since the pavement was wet to avoid the loose gravel from the asphalt roads in my neighborhood from sticking to the feet.

49 degrees with my feet starting out a bit cold since the pavement was wet but after a couple miles warmed up and had an enjoyable run.

Heard one owl off in the distance and saw a hawk sitting on the cross atop the old 1800's church in the museum across from the bike trail I run on and some quail along the side of the trail. A rainbow formed on my way back to my car and then a double rainbow started later but never completely formed the half circle. Looked for the pot of gold but could not find it. Did not see any barefoot leprechauns either so I must not have even been close!

Now that I can relate to ;) Except that 5 full cords would probably take me a month or two to process to finished stacks! 1 week that's a heck of a lot of work. I suppose using hydraulics instead of an axe speeds things up considerable but still...

Now that I can relate to ;) Except that 5 full cords would probably take me a month or two to process to finished stacks! 1 week that's a heck of a lot of work. I suppose using hydraulics instead of an axe speeds things up considerable but still...

There was a hydraulic splitter involved - as well as a mule to carry the wood to the barn.