Mileage Reporting Week 39 (Sept 25 - Oct 1)

Tedlet

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2014
Couple of short sessions so far this week -3.8km Wednesday & 4.25km this morning.
Both at a steady pace and both done just as the sun was coming up. Wednesday was nice and dry, but this morning was a bit wet and yukky to be honest.
The leaves are dropping from the trees well now and there seems to be a bit less wildlife about too. Summer is definitely behind us here now.
Feet, limbs, etc...all good:)...

5 miles Tuesday at 5:00 am 79 deg. f. 65% Rh.
5 miles Friday at 5:00 am 68 deg. f. 83% Rh slight drizzle.
Both days we spotted lots of rabbits.

So on Sunday I did my first 10km race (oh my word!).
Ok I know it's not the biggest achievement in the world in terms of distance (it was a charity event organised for the Heart Foundation in the UK), but I've been working towards it for a little while and I feel pretty pleased at being able to have done it.
Logged a chip time of 1.02.59s which doubtless firmly places me in 'Mr Average' territory (If I'm lucky of course;)).
It was quite a hilly route, which I wasn't expecting. And also quite a busy run -found myself getting boxed in a number of times, which is a shame as it breaks your pace & rhythm, etc...
Nevertheless it was an enjoyable event (just a few strange looks and surprised comments as we ran -my partner was in VFF's).
Feet held up fine without any problems -the surface was pretty barefoot friendly all the way round the route. Legs are a bit stiff today (yes I'm a wuss...), but looking forward to getting out again already and wanting to find another one to sign up to before winter gets here!...
What a satisfying weekend:)....