Mileage Reporting Week 38 (Sept 19 - Sept 25)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
7 miles yesterday still split up to take the dog along (Boulder). 2 miles at 3 am, 3.5 miles at 5 am and 1.5 at 6:30 pm.

Started off with 1.5 miles this morning at 3:30 am.

We are still seeing the usual fun stuff lightning bug and rabbit and occasional other critters that come out in the night.
bonus the other morning I saw 2 shooting stars and we have sill been hearing owls :happy:.

Couple of good runs so far this week -total 14.6km (8.2km to start the week & 6.4km this morning).
The morning temperature is pretty good for running at the moment -generally around 12-13C. It makes the ground feel nicely 'refreshing' (if that makes sense) as well.

Quite a few other runners treading a similar route to me this week, so got a nice handful of 'good morning's to start the day:)...

Nice temps Tedlet, I've still been running at the peak heat of the day in the afternoon. Full sun everyday this week, shirt off and sweat'n in the mid 80's or so (30c).

I've already had my days off this week, off nighshift Monday morning and now back on dayshift today through the end of the week. Made the most out of it though with a run each day, 7.5, 8.4, and 11.3 miles. 27.2 miles total. All done at pretty modest pace, still working back up from the race, hope to do a long run early next week. Probably won't run again this week but maybe one day after work. Might get a couple easy bike rides in too after work.

Just over 7 miles today, haven't been able to run much this week after I had me molar out, was told not to exercise for three days and take it easy after that.
Also feeling tired, it's been one of those weeks. Bouncing back now though and really enjoyed todays run. Great weather, clear, early autumnal views. Happy days.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
Nice temps Tedlet, I've still been running at the peak heat of the day in the afternoon. Full sun everyday this week, shirt off and sweat'n in the mid 80's or so (30c).
I did some BF walks during my Summer break at around those temperatures & that's hot underfoot!:barefoot:..
Are you sticking mostly to trails and/or mud, etc... and avoiding anything too black & smooth? -Just interested to know where your 'top end' tolerance is (I reckon mines probably quite low, given the general UK climate I'm used to!)...

Reactions: Tristan
I did some BF walks during my Summer break at around those temperatures & that's hot underfoot!:barefoot:..
Are you sticking mostly to trails and/or mud, etc... and avoiding anything too black & smooth? -Just interested to know where your 'top end' tolerance is (I reckon mines probably quite low, given the general UK climate I'm used to!)...
My tolerance for heat has increased over the years. I remember the first summer running barefoot and somewhat burning me feet before I found my 'limit'. But in just a few years time I can say now I can handle just about anything that can be found here, I've run into the 90's (ºF) on bright sunny days on asphalt. I've hit the road with my IR thermometer gun a few times and I think around 135º surface temp I can run on safely/continuously and after some acclimation by mid summer maybe closer to 140ºF. Hot roads are actually the fastest way I've found to condition the feet (goes along with achuah's post/blog on the Seri Indians who developed tough skin in the hot sand that resembled wearing a boot). A few weeks of hot temps and my soles are like iron. Of course they have to be able to handle the heat in the first place though, so anyone reading this that is new please don't go out and run on hot roads without caution, it will burn tender soles easily. I don't run on trails hardly at all (unfortunately) there just aren't many good ones to run around here, and the 1 or two closer by have too much man made gravel. When I go back to NY to visit friends and family there are lots of nice trails there I run. But here is mostly all the same paved rail trail and then to a lesser degree the roads by my house and a couple of metro parks with paved trails near were I work.

Reactions: KTR and Tedlet
@skedaddle hope that dental work wasn't too miserable but I know it usually is :hurting:

So I got a short easy jog in after work of just 2 miles, legs are always so stiff after a dayshift in the office when I'm sleep deprived and tired so I don't get up much out of my chair. Brings my week total to 29.2 miles running, and a couple bike rides after work Thursday and Friday bringing my miles on the bike to 27.4 this week.

My tolerance for heat has increased over the years. I remember the first summer running barefoot and somewhat burning me feet before I found my 'limit'. But in just a few years time I can say now I can handle just about anything that can be found here, I've run into the 90's (ºF) on bright sunny days on asphalt. I've hit the road with my IR thermometer gun a few times and I think around 135º surface temp I can run on safely/continuously and after some acclimation by mid summer maybe closer to 140ºF.
Now that's hot!
As I thought -mine's pretty low/clearly bordering on wimp level...:(;)

Reactions: Tristan

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts