Mileage Reporting Week 36 (sept 5 - Sept 11)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
I thought I did one post last week but I may not have hit post button.
Anyway Boulder and I did a little over 40 miles last week. (running and walking)
Started out this week with 2miles this morning at 3:30 am and did another 3 miles at 7:00 am.
We are still seeing lightning bugs and rabbits and we have been seeing this young opossum.

6.8km run today. Took a slightly different route from usual and had to follow a freshly gravelled path back -that was a challenge, although not actually as uncomfortable as I'd first imagined. Slowing the pace dramatically made a big difference I think!

Plenty of ducks and geese around still + a single solitary rabbit today which seemed to be quite unflustered by me running by...:)

6.4km in the rain this morning for me -Autumn's definitely on its way here..

My running buddy is apparently toying with the idea of buying some VFFs -could be early signs of a possible convert perhaps...:barefoot:
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've convinced anyone to try running barefoot/minimal in the 5 years I've been at it. :sorry:

First run for me today post-race. I put up the race report in the race section. I gave it everything I had on Sunday, and as I expected I've been hobbling along for a few days after, unable to perform a lot of basic movement lol. Hiking poles really helped get around, and stairs were especially challenging. As usual with me it was 3 days until it peaked, then yesterday started to get better and today I feel like I can do a normal gait and did an easy jog.

Thursday I walked 1.4 miles. Today did a .5 mi walk, .5 mi easy jog, and 8.3 mile easy bike ride. Will do a few miles hopefully tomorrow and Sunday and be back to normal next week.

Reactions: KTR and Tedlet
Now that you mention it, I don't think I've convinced anyone to try running barefoot/minimal in the 5 years I've been at it. :sorry:
Maybe not, but I imagine you've sown a few seeds of thought over that time. Every runner you've passed and spectator that's seen you run will probably have mused quietly to themselves "...hmm, I wonder....?". Sometimes that's all it takes;)...

In my case I've not done any convincing either (I'm not really one for preaching to people) -I think it's just curiosity on their part, having run with me regularly for some time now... Obviously I'll be banging the 'not too far or fast too soon drum' though!

Reactions: KTR and Tristan
Yeah I'm not one to preach, but I do bring it up on other forums a lot, hiking forums, cycling forums, etc. But yeah I can imagine the talk at the dinner table from some of the folks that see me at races and such!

Well a low mileage week for me, recovering from the race last weekend. :inpain: Only 7.25 mi run, 1.88 walking, and 8.3 cycling. :depressed:
But I am almost back to normal. Hopefully this week will be back to normal though it's my 72hr week at work so often a light week anyhow.

Reactions: KTR and Tedlet