Mileage Reporting Week 36 ( Sept 2 - Sept 8)

Larry

Barefooters
Sep 13, 2012
Happy Monday everybody!

I didn't get much running last week because my little guy isn't sleeping too well and he keeps disrupting my running schedule, but this morning I managed to sneak out for a hasty 5k on the beach before work.

It was a super-low tide, so I was running across parts of the beach I haven't ran on before, and dodging around through some bits of reef that are usually underwater which was interesting. Not all of it was good to run on, but I wasn't trying to accomplish anything more than spending some outdoors.

Winter's officially over but Mother Nature may not have received the memo yet, although it was slightly milder than last week with the temperature hovering just under 6 degrees C. Roll on summer!

Reactions: Runlite01
A couple of morning runs today - 8k on the beach to start off, then I came home and my daughter decided she wanted to ride her bike to school so I did another 3k along the streets with her.

Another low low tide allowed me to run through some gaps in the reefs and look at some rock pools, but no big discoveries there. At the end of the beach I saw more artwork from the local sand art guy which is always amazing.

The ride to school was a bit of a struggle because my feet didn't much like an extra few km on concrete paths after finishing up a beach run, but my daughter isn't a fast bike rider so most of it was an easy shuffle. The funniest bit was being told I wasn't allowed to accompany her all the way to the school gate because I was too embarrassing. :eek:;)

Reactions: Runlite01
We went 3 miles Tuesday and 3 miles Thursday. Both days we went out about 5:00 am. It is still in the upper 70 deg. f. range clear skies.
2 nice outings!!

Reactions: Larry