Mileage Reporting Week 35 (August 29 - Sept 3)

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
I ran 33.6 miles last week, including hill repeats on Wednesday. Went out dancing for part of our 34th wedding anniversary celebration this weekend. The establishment let me dance barefoot, it was a great crowd and excellent band, so I danced for about 3 hours. I am pretty tired, but enjoyed an easy 8 mile run this morning. Will go for an easy swim later today.

Sounds like a good week Laura :)

Monday didn't get a workout in, we got up early and packed up my folks new camper and headed out to the mountains. Tuesday got a hike in, a modest one compared to most of my mountain trips but still a nice ~10 mile hike that took us most of the day. I'll have a report up and pics in the hiking section after I get back home and the pics edited (next week). We only camped a couple days and headed back Wednesday. That evening I got a 2 mi run in, and the same 2 mi run again Thursday and Friday morning. A couple easy family rides with my mom and son of 8.4 miles Thursday and 10.3 miles Friday.

Reactions: Tedlet
Nice & simple 6km circuit by the lakeside and along surrounding pathways on Thursday morning.
Good steady run, and again slightly quicker than I've run in the past. Not by a lot, but I do seem to have settled into a new comfortable pace. -Not sure where that's come from, but I'm quite happy with that...:)

Reactions: Tristan
No runs this week. Lack of time and high temperatures made it impossible.
However I went for 13km-long barefoot hike.

I'm afraid week 36 is not going to be different. We are reaching temps of 38-39 C.

Cheers!

Reactions: Tristan
A good week on vacation for me, ending with one of my favorite races, the 1812 Challenge (18.12 miles). I'll type up a race report later, but had a great finish (11 overall, 3rd in division) first time I've placed in this large of an event - ~351 finishers in the 18 miler according to the current stats, ~750 registered for both the 18.12 and half marathon.

So my week's snapshot is 27.7 miles running, 18.7 cycling, 19.9 hiking. All barefoot like usual.

Now I continue training towards the October marathon, but got to say the 18.12 kicked my butt I'll need a good week of recovery. I'm having a bit of difficulty with stairs and things today. Also I unfortunately got a blister for the first time in years, on the tip of my center toe. The surface was a bit rougher than usual and I must have been griping with the toes a bit too much in my hard race effort.

Reactions: KTR and Tedlet