Mileage Reporting Week 25 ( Jun 21-Jun 27)

Boulder and I did a 3 mile run Tuesday and a 3 mile run today. Full moon out today, 82 deg. f. 75% Rh.
Great to get out there!

Run Streak Day 187: 10.01 miles. 2021 miles 596.29

I went for a 10 mile run this morning. The last few days the temperature has been cool in the morning. Today it was in the 70's when I woke up and the humidity was high. I decided that I would need water for this run so I ran with my backpack / water bladder. I filled the bladder with 1.5 liters of water and ice and it was all but empty when I finished. I also carried my sandals for the sections of the road that is not barefoot friendly or in case the pavement got to hot.

I had run this route in the spring and was "raced" by a horse. I was planning on getting a picture today but the paddock was empty. I did get a picture of a turtle on the road. After taking the picture I assisted the turtle off the road so it wouldn't get run over. I guess tomorrow is an official bike ride. I started seeing route markers on the pavement and signs towards the end of the week. I took a picture of one of the signs so I can look it up. In fact, we took our dog to a park for a walk yesterday after work and that park will be a rest area for the bike ride.

For today's run i didn't use the pause feature when stopping for pictures or putting on my sandals or whatever. I will do this for all runs going forward since the chip time in a race doesn't stop when you use the bathroom or take a picture.

Garmin stats are 10.01 miles in 1:36:50 for an average pace of 9:41. The pace seems slow but that includes my water walks, putting sandals on or taking them off, etc. Training effect was 3.3 with an avg HR of 152. My moving pace splits were 9:10, 8:54, 9:10, 9:18, 9:25, 8:47, 10:11, 9:11, 10:05, 9:24.

PXL-20210626-132102874-MP.jpg

The turtle

Screenshot-20210626-102406.png

My route 7 miles barefoot 3 miles in my Xero sandals

PXL-20210626-143111396-MP.jpg

Post run feet & mileage

Reactions: Runlite01
5.3 miles this morning ( Sat. ). I love Saturday morning runs because most people you run into are happy and friendly because it's the start of the weekend. Anyway, I did run into a friend that I had not seen since last Summer, which is a high point for this run along with the beautiful warm Summer weather. Temps were in the mid-80's.