Mileage Reporting Week 21 (May 22 - 28)

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
Hey, everybody! I started out my week with a hot Sunday afternoon 4 mile challenging hike in the desert, looking at some acreage to purchase. Wore my heavier duty moccasins for that and glad I did!

Since Sunday is usually my rest day, I decided to cut Monday's run down to 3.6 (from the usual 6-7).

Then, I went ahead and ran Tuesday as well (2.4 miles), and Wednesday (3.5 miles), which is 4 days in a row and I was tired. My legs were spent after my run on Wednesday, but it may have also been in large part due to the MANY squats I have been doing getting my acre in order and planting and weeding gang-busters!

Oh, I did my swims on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So, I finally decided to take a day off of running today, though I did still work in the yard. I am planning a long run tomorrow morning. Might have to go pretty early to beat the bugs that are hatching everywhere this week. Too many to be able to breath right!

So where is everybody? :)
Ok, I think I am going to make an effort to visit the site more often and post my weekly mileage at least maybe by doing so I can motivate myself to run a little more.
I am already behind my mileage for the year at 436.7 miles:(.
So, so far this week I ran:

Monday five miles
Tuesday four miles
Wed six miles
Thu two miles
Fri Rest day
And hopefully I'll have a decent run tomorrow.

Cheers!

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
Woke up this morning and got ready for a run and just before I went out it poured rain.
I waited till 7:00 am and went out for a most excellent 10 mile run with Boulder.
At about mile 2 it started to drizzle on us and continued throughout the rest of our run. (lots of puddle jumping)
We still spotted lots of rabbits and 1 duck.
Getting ready for a 1/2 marathon June 11th (Wounded Warrior in Irving TX).

Reactions: Tedlet and Tristan
So where is everybody? :)
Ok, I think I am going to make an effort to visit the site more often and post my weekly mileage at least maybe by doing so I can motivate myself to run a little more.
I am already behind my mileage for the year at 436.7 miles:(.
So, so far this week I ran:

Monday five miles
Tuesday four miles
Wed six miles
Thu two miles
Fri Rest day
And hopefully I'll have a decent run tomorrow.

Cheers!
Do you run full barefoot all these miles? I thought we were supposed to rest a day in between runs. Maybe you're much more of a veteran. I'm only a 6 month veteran.

Reactions: Tristan
@Blemons take a look at her join date under her avatar, that should give you an idea! Of course some of us may have run barefoot prior to joining, mine is about spot on when I started (September '11). As for resting completely depends on the individual. At 6 months I was definitely not running back to backs, and runs were maybe a few miles. As you become a stronger runner, and have good recovery, then back to backs are certainly possible. Plenty run several days in a row, and my 14 mile long run today was after running both Saturday and Sunday (7.2 and 6.5 miles). Honestly though I didn't feel comfortable doing back to backs for several years, it took quite a while for me to get to that point, but I was definitely on the slower end of the spectrum in the barefoot transition and building mileage.

As for me, a decent week considering this is usually the week in my rotation I don't do as much running, at around 27 miles (seems to be a theme for me lately). No long run, and 3 zeros in a row midweek. Did manage a long run today of 14 miles, but not sure how much running I'll be doing the rest of week since I am taking off on vacation to visit some family. Hopefully I'll get to run once or twice at my favorite park to run along the lakeside trails and cliffs of lake Ontario.

@Barefoot Dama I just broke 500 a week ago, plenty of time still for you to catch up! But I warn ya I kick it into high gear come summer!

Reactions: Tedlet and Blemons
Thanks for the insight Tristan! I guess I find myself getting a little impatient sometimes. Hearing other people's experiences like yours really helps! I'm probably only around the 300 mile range so far this year but I can say, they have all been true barefoot.

Reactions: Tedlet
Do you run full barefoot all these miles? I thought we were supposed to rest a day in between runs. Maybe you're much more of a veteran. I'm only a 6 month veteran.
Most are, only in early Spring my Saturdays runs I wear my vibrams when it's not warm enough other than that it's all barefoot.
Be patient, you'll get there sooner than you think. Unlike most people my transition to barefoot was very fast at six months I ran my first barefoot marathon(not really, I wore socks because it was a cold day for my liking but I was ready to tackle it skin to ground). So you'll get there :).
[QUOTE="

@Barefoot Dama I just broke 500 a week ago, plenty of time still for you to catch up! But I warn ya I kick it into high gear come summer![/QUOTE]

You're on Mr. Have fun on you vacation.
So anyways, I lied when I said Friday was a rest day, I ran just one little mile so I could say that I ran six days on a row :happy:.
So I ended up the week with a 15 mile run on Saturday which gave me a 33 mile total for the week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090