Mileage Reporting Week 2 (Jan 9 - Jan 15)

Lorri

Banned
Dec 4, 2016
UK
growingyoung.co.uk
Monday...

Upped power on bike and upped treadmill by 0.1 mph...

1:30:25 21.22 Miles 2452 feet on Zwift 'Pretzel' course.

28:02 2.73 miles treadmill.

I finally got back on the yoga mat yesterday evening after the holidays (should have done it much sooner) so really feeling it this morning - HRV low, so definitely in recovery mode before the brick. Should have really taken the day off, but got a lazy day planned for tomorrow so will make it up to my body then. Feeling good though.

Monday...

Upped power on bike and upped treadmill by 0.1 mph...

1:30:25 21.22 Miles 2452 feet on Zwift 'Pretzel' course.

28:02 2.73 miles treadmill.

I finally got back on the yoga mat yesterday evening after the holidays (should have done it much sooner) so really feeling it this morning - HRV low, so definitely in recovery mode before the brick. Should have really taken the day off, but got a lazy day planned for tomorrow so will make it up to my body then. Feeling good though.
Nice all around workout routine you got there Lori, I wish I could do all of that I just like running too much.

Reactions: Tristan and IraR
Thanks, Dama. Currently training up for my first 70.3 The triathlon bug has bitten hard since i learned to swim 2 years ago at 50. :-D
Forgive me for my ignorance but what distance 70.3 in a triathlon. I know that an Ironmen is the daddy of the triathlons, I also know the distance of a half Ironmen after that I have no clue.
Congratulations! when is your race?

I had 5.5 miles today at noon on the indoor track

Last edited:
Reactions: Runlite01 and Lorri
Hi Dama, last i heard was that Ironman triathlons are owned by a Chinese billionaire after he bought the corporation from the venture capitalist leaches that owned it before him. So you can't use the Ironman name if you haven't paid the Chinese billionaire a lot of money to do so. An Ironman is simply a 140.6 mile triathlon, a 70.3 is half.

Ergo, there are now many independent 140.6/70.3 -ish length triathlons in existence now (that aren't Ironman races) that can be far tougher than any Ironman race. I think the independents got a little bee in their bonnets about Ironman stating it was the hardest thing you could do in a day (or something along those lines) so the independents all seem to make them harder just to make a point.

There are even double and triple 281.2 and 421.8 -ish triathlons. Brutals in Wales. The 421.8 Brutal cycle leg has more altitude gain than Everest. Scary hard!!!

My main goal at 52 is to keep training and stay healthy and see how far i can get with it before the inevitable decline of old age kicks in. But would definitely love to one day do the triple Brutal. Current age record for an ironman race is 82 so who knows where the training will take me.

Congratulations! when is your race?

I'm not entering a race. I just do my own thing when i feel ready. I measure and time on a Garmin 920XT. Hoping to be ready for 9th of June as we have a good moon that night so i can get the swim done before first light and hit the roads on the bike before the traffic begins - hate cycling in traffic and love being out riding around Devon at first light through till dawn.

If i ever get fit enough the first race i enter will be the double Brutal as i can't enter the triple unless i've done the double.

Lori, don't sweat it over the age thing, like they said, age is just a number. I am soon to be 62 and I am still kicking behinds out there...just sayin'.
Tuesday...4.5 mi
Wed........6.0 mi
Thu.........4.0 mi
20 miles so far, hoping to get a nice longish run this weekend...will see.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet
Settled for a brisk 5km this morning. -Frosty ground and a wind chill with bite, so it felt pretty cold.
Wanted to do more -form felt good again this morning- but I ran a reasonable pace & I've had a couple of ok sessions in the gym this week, so thought I'd take the sensible option & not try & fight against the elements too much!

Hope this cold snap doesn't last too long -I want to see if I can start adding to my distances this year...:coldfeet:...

Well I am officially in my winter slump lol. I did get out 3 times this week but only totaled 12.9 miles for the week. 1 of those shod, the other two barefoot. They were all within a few degrees, around freezing, but the one shod run it had been raining and everything was wet so I threw on my Lems Primals. Thursday's run was my first headlight run in maybe a couple years... was staying up late to transition myself to nightshifts and went out for a run around 10pm. This stretch of the rail trail I run closes at night for some reason but I decided if I was going to do a night run I had to do it there. I just don't feel like risking my life for a run lol. Besides the fact that cars going 60 mph on these narrow country roads probably have never even seen someone running on the road at night, it just happened to be foggy that evening.

Only other thing I did this week is about 40 minutes of climbing stairs.

Only other thing I did this week is about 40 minutes of climbing stairs.
Can't wait for warmer weather myself although my situation is not as bad as yours as I can run on the indoor track or on the dreadmill at home.
I also do 30 minutes of stair climbing on Wednesdays and I am counting those thirty minutes as a five mile run because I read somewhere that 30 minutes of vigorous stair climbing equals five miles(I've been trying to find that article without any luck). Saturday I had a 10.5 mile on the indoor track so that gives me:
30.5 miles for the week.

Can't wait for warmer weather myself although my situation is not as bad as yours as I can run on the indoor track or on the dreadmill at home.
I also do 30 minutes of stair climbing on Wednesdays and I am counting those thirty minutes as a five mile run because I read somewhere that 30 minutes of vigorous stair climbing equals five miles(I've been trying to find that article without any luck). Saturday I had a 10.5 mile on the indoor track so that gives me:
30.5 miles for the week.

Indoor track sounds nice! I had a dreadmill but didn't really like running on it, but did on a few occasions during nasty winter weather. But when my ex moved out she wanted it and I pretty much let her have whatever she wanted. At least I am not having a big problem running in shoes like I used to. Haven't done a hard workout or anything in them but the few times I've ran in them this winter my feet seem to be ok at an easy pace.

Reactions: IraR
I did get in one twelve mile run that week. It was above 50 degrees F. We had quite a thaw in this crazy New York City micro-climate. I believe But in general I was taking it easy in terms of running. I had a second-toe "blister" which was probably a tiny bit of frostbite, so I was letting it heal carefully. I was barefoot, except for the piece of cloth bandage around the tip of the second toe.