Mileage Reporting week 19 of 2016

Tedlet

Barefooters
Aug 25, 2014
So is it week 19 then...

Couple of early morning sessions again this week for me. Just 4.6km & 4.9km midweek & this morning respectively.
Quite a busy route in the week -lots of runners out and about (+ lots of "good morning"s too, which is always nice..).
Then virtually no-one today except fishermen huddled in their tents on the side of the lake. Beautiful sunshine across the water, but quite chilly nevertheless. Both good runs though:barefoot:....

Was wondering for a bit if no one ran this week :eek: I didn't get to the first half of the week :meh:. 3 long days sitting in the chair at work, legs were still not 100% anyhow and a little stiff, decided to get a quick bike ride in Tuesday and Wednesday after work instead of run (11.8 & 10 miles). Thursday legs still tight but did a more normal 6.5 mile run. Friday decided against my wishes to do a speed workout - just had to get one in before a 10k race next weekend. .78 mile repeats, and around 6 1/2 minute mile pace. I felt much slower than last time, my legs and energy still haven't recovered 100%. Then nightshift and rain, wind, cold so didn't run again until a short 2 miles I did today before I came into work.
17.7 miles running, 21.8 miles cycling this week total.

Nice countryside like usual, @skedaddle but what are you referring to when you say full pack? A hydration pack or like a hiking backpack? Even a full hydration pack is a bit annoying for me!

I made it 26 barefoot miles this week. During my long run on Friday, an odd tweak inside one ankle hurt quite a bit and made me stop at mile 11. No obvious reason, but I have taken 2 easy days and it feels normal again.

Will have to revise my training schedule since I keep going over (and since I've increased my max distance) but this week, I ran about 20 miles, and hiked 9 with a friend on two separate hikes (The last one having just ended half an hour ago or so). Also did a mile tempo to make up what I skipped today (for that hike) and ran a 6.00 minute mile on my local track. Don't intend to do that regularly, or ever really, but I was curious how much speed I've lost since I haven't regularly run in four years.

Nice countryside like usual, @skedaddle but what are you referring to when you say full pack? A hydration pack or like a hiking backpack? Even a full hydration pack is a bit annoying for me!

I wore my Salomon s-lab ultra set race vest with 1.5 litres of water, two .5 litre soft flasks in the front and one in the back for a top-up should I need it. I don't even notice I'm wearing it, the best bit of kit I've ever purchased, no sloshing or movement at all. A bit expensive but worth every penny imo, I also have the 12l pack that I use when the weather is colder and I need to carry more kit.

9100N-mcB0L._SL1500_.jpg

Not that it really matters, or does it? How do we count the weeks? And, does each week start on Sunday, or on Monday? Maybe that doesn't matter either? :rolleyes::coldfeet:

Anyhow, I've been bad about my bf run reporting over the past few weeks. I have been trying to take longer morning runs on Mondays and Fridays with some shorter runs mid-week. This week got off badly so I didn't run yesterday. This morning, Tuesday, I got in 3.4 miles in a loop to the gym and then ran home from the gym to get in another mile. The highlight was seeing another barefoot runner using the new bike path along the avenue. Hopefully, I will get out more often during the rest of the week.

As for prior weeks, I got in 17.8 miles last week, 23.1 miles the prior week, and 13.7 miles the week before that. Last week's highlight was a meet up loop around Lake Merritt with Efrem and another barefoot runner.

These are my numbers for week 19:
5 km @ 6:04 min/km on Wednesday
5 km @ 6:35 min/km (approx) on Saturday
8 km race @ 6:08 min/km on Sunday
I also walked barefoot from home to the race starting point and form the finish line back to home, so that adds about 4 km more.
Cheers!