Mileage Reporting Week 19 (May 7 - May 13)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
3 miles Tuesday at 5:00 am. I spotted 1 lighting bug.
3 miles Today at 4:45 am very cool moon out.
We still love getting out there!!

Ran barefoot 3.5 miles early this morning. Weather was not that great temperature was in the upper 40’s and misty with some fog and quite windy. Originally planned to run out on the open bike trail but found the winds to be a bit chilly. Drove to a park in town and ran on the streets where there was less wind due to the neighborhood trees. Had a pretty good run despite the weather conditions.

Reactions: Tedlet
Just an early morning 4.4km before the working week starts for me this week.
Beautiful bright morning (saw a couple of rabbits today).
Couldn't help but notice the clear shadow cast of my running form on the road by the sun rising behind my left shoulder -instant video feedback! Noticed that my head doesn't bob up and down very much at all -seems to follow an almost straight line, with all the movement going on beneath. Felt quite pleased with that for some reason -not actually sure whether it's good or bad but it served to occupy my thoughts whilst I was trotting along....:)

Reactions: trevize1138
Just an early morning 4.4km before the working week starts for me this week.
Beautiful bright morning (saw a couple of rabbits today).
Couldn't help but notice the clear shadow cast of my running form on the road by the sun rising behind my left shoulder -instant video feedback! Noticed that my head doesn't bob up and down very much at all -seems to follow an almost straight line, with all the movement going on beneath. Felt quite pleased with that for some reason -not actually sure whether it's good or bad but it served to occupy my thoughts whilst I was trotting along....:)

You're minimizing vertical movement so more of your effort is going toward forward momentum, so a good thing! I think it also means you're properly letting your legs "bounce" along under you rather than too forcefully pushing or launching off from each foot which often results in the head bobbing along.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11