Mileage Reporting week 18 of 2016

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
My 'recovery' run came a bit late... first run was today since race Saturday. Definitely pushed hard at that race and paid for it for a few days. Had to take 2 off. Today, after some stretching and rolling I hit the trail for a walk, and after about a mile and a half and felt like I was walking normal again I decided for an easy ~12 min pace jog for about 2.5 miles. Felt nice not to be hobbling around anymore. Still a little tight, will take it easy for a few more days at least.

extra nice 5 mile run Tuesday at 4:45 am, cool temps.
The moon was very large in the east sky but just a sliver.
I saw rabbits and heard 1 owl.

Two 6 mile runs so far this week have gone well. Mostly I have been careful not to do fast squatting type motions and the knee seems to be healing. In fact, it seems to feel best when I am regularly moving. Will play the planned longer run by ear on Friday.

Now that the new house is just about sorted I've been able to run a little more. 11.5 gentle barefoot miles on Tuesday (more than I've done barefoot in the last 3 months combined) followed by 5 in my Leadville pacers yesterday. Nothing today. I hope to do a few more Friday and Saturday.

First Rest day since starting my training regimen... accidentally ran about a mile on monday because parking in the city is free at a few places that are remote relative to most of downtown. And I was really hungry. XD Ran my two 3 mile runs far too fast for my own good, which I realize now is a problem I've always had. Was going about 7.20 pace, which is what we used to do in varsity cross country practice on middle distance runs. the 4 miler I did yesterday was much slower. About 8.00 min pace average. My legs were completely dead at work. So... good job on maxing out? yay~~~ seriously though I'm bored out of my mind and I want to run more already. :barefoot:

Tomorrow, a 3 miler, and then on sunday I'll taper off with some long hills that add up to 2 miles.

I've had three barefoot runs this week so far for a total 14.6 km, averaging around 6:30 min/km each. Geez, these days I'm getting slower :/
Maybe you are just relaxing into your running more. Might be good for you!

Reactions: Tristan and KTR
Friday, I ran 10.7 miles, then felt like it was in my best interest to stop. Then, this morning, I was able to run an easy 7.9 miles (in my Luna's this time). That makes 18.6 miles in two days which a nice accomplishment for me! And 30.8 miles for the week. :)

Couple of nice short runs for me this week -3.5km on Thursday morning & 4km this morning. Both in bright early morning sunshine -it almost seems like Summer has arrived!
Lots more wildlife around too now. Ran past a family of geese with a large number of goslings and some clearly very proud and protective parents -they definitely have a certain way of staring at you when you run by...
Body still feeling good too (always a bonus!):)...

Today did a short long run, 10 miles easy pace. Yesterday 6.9 miles easy pace. Combined with my 3.8 Tuesday that is 20.7 miles. All at no faster than 9 1/2 minute pace, still recovering from the race. Feel pretty good now and next week I'll build the speed back up.

Also did a bike ride today, 32 miles. Maybe longest of the year so far... got to get my cycling mileage back up too since I have a really big trip planned.

Also did stairs at work on the nightshifts this week, and broke 2,000 floors YTD (2065 floors up, 2480 down).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts