Mileage reporting week 18 of 2015

Slow getting to post runs lately.
Last week I ran (2) 5 mile runs and the lone star 1/2 marathon on Sunday.
Tuesday I did a 4 mile run.
The weather here has been great for running if it is not raining.

After the 1/2 marathon my feet are good and legs are good.
During a event I seem to go a little faster than my normal pace an I experience slight soreness (after) in some areas but a recovery run always seem to help with this.
Anyway I hope to keep dodging the rain and getting some nice runs in.

tues afternoon: st at gym
wed: trail run early morning BEAUTIFUL. Life becomes green again.
TH: trail run early morning. BEAUTIFUL but I biffed it big time. Tripped on a root in a smooth part of the trail when I wasn't looking down and the podcast was really engaging. Puffy sore knee, bruised hip. Not quite a face plant, but if there had been an observer, that individual may have found it quite the spectacle. Worst part was that it happened right in the first quarter mile. Trudged through the rest after I came to my senses.
ST for a bit at the gym later.

Reactions: happysongbird
tues afternoon: st at gym
wed: trail run early morning BEAUTIFUL. Life becomes green again.
TH: trail run early morning. BEAUTIFUL but I biffed it big time. Tripped on a root in a smooth part of the trail when I wasn't looking down and the podcast was really engaging. Puffy sore knee, bruised hip. Not quite a face plant, but if there had been an observer, that individual may have found it quite the spectacle. Worst part was that it happened right in the first quarter mile. Trudged through the rest after I came to my senses.
ST for a bit at the gym later.
Oh, that is not fun.

It seems the 30 barefoot miles out of my 33.3 total last week made my soles tender. Everytime I thought about running this week, I felt a sense of panic that was relieved by just deciding to wear my Lunas. Things seem to be healing up and I should be able to bare the soles tomorrow or Saturday.

Meanwhile, between last Wednesday's long run, then Monday's 16 miler, that is the closest together I have done two long runs. I also ran my normal medium and short runs in between. Add to that tons of yard work, the normal spin biking and swimming, and very energetic dancing with a grand daughter, I am very tired. ( you should have seen her face, she was delighted and surprised to see that side of me)

A couple of my shorter runs have been surprisingly fast (for me), but I am really trying to relax and not hurt myself AGAIN right before a race. Ran 6 miles yesterday and got told I "looked fit" by a walker, which is encouraging. He could have said I looked like I was about to expire, because I rather felt like it when I saw him. The 3 miles today after 60 minutes on the spin bike went well.

Well this is race week for me, 1/2 marathon tomorrow morning. I'm not quite feeling up to 100% effort and havent done much speedwork or mileage lately so my plan is to target a slightly conservative pace, and then half way though if I'm feeling it then maybe pick it up a little.

Monday I didn't do anything except for a few dozen flights of stairs at work.
Tuesday did 5 easy pace miles, and some stairs at work.
Wednesday biked an easy 10mi, and some stairs at work.
Thursday had a massage, and biked an easy 7.5 mi and ran another 1.5 and walked .75
Today I walked 2mi.

Sorry, nothing particularly exciting this week, just taking it easy. We'll see about tomorrow...

Went to NYC on a red-eye to see mom last Sunday and arrived on Monday morning. Worked from her house the rest of the day so I was pretty beat which provided an easy excuse for not running. Returned to Oakland on Wednesday afternoon. This morning I got out and ran 4.8 miles; walked another 0.5 miles to get home. Hopefully a bit of stretching before the run and periodic stretching throughout the rest of the day will minimize the stiffness in my feet and ankles that comes after a run.

7,5 miles, bf, roads.

Not much to say really, just recovering from the worst stomach bug i've ever had, lots of squat practice but not in a good way.;)
Will try to get out for a long run next week, i want to explore some new trails to spice things up a bit:)

friday: nothing. long day at work, hectic afternoon, socializing later, passed out at around 9pm.
saturday:
fantastic run in the morning, trails again. The sleep must have done me right. I reckon the loop that I do, along with a few side trail extensions, is about 4.5-5, maybe a little more? Anyhow it's a great trail, nice distance. For some reason it seems like when I run more/hike more, my legs don't seem to get tight. After the farmer's market (first day!), and a couple of errands, I took the kids back out to the trail for a hike.

7,5 miles, bf, roads.

Not much to say really, just recovering from the worst stomach bug i've ever had, lots of squat practice but not in a good way.;)
Will try to get out for a long run next week, i want to explore some new trails to spice things up a bit:)

Oh dear. Stomach bugs are nasty. Feel better.