Mileage Reporting Week 13 (Mar 27-Apr 2)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
Two nice runs so far this week.
5 miles Tuesday at 5:00 am.
5 miles Thursday also at 5:00 am.
Cool weather mid 50s to 60s.
Mostly spotting rabbits and have not seen the moon.

2 good runs this week for me.

3 miles Tuesday. Found a new concrete path trail around town that I haven't run before. Beautiful trail, mild temperatures, felt great.

3 miles this morning. Had to get an early start due to days planned activities. Started in the dark at 5:30 am. Could barely see the trail. As a result, possibly, was my first experience with a TINY shard of glass. Didn't even notice it till later in the day. It was so small though not sure if I could've avoided it even in the daylight. Dug it out with at needle and all is good now. Great run. Only passed one other runner. Everyone else was SLEEPING LATE on a Saturday morning. LOL. Also, as I am just a little over 4 months of this barefoot running gig, I've noticed my speed slowly increasing. Started out around 11 min/mile and this morning with this run I broke the 10 min/mile mark and wasn't even trying for speed.

Until next time...Happy Trails all!

Busy week for me workwise unfortunately:yawn:, so I only managed to get out at the weekend.
Headed back to the local parkrun for the 5km regular outing to see if I could improve my time a bit. Managed to trim about 15 seconds off, so I felt quite pleased with myself after a long week after all.
Got asked by one of the other runners why I was running barefoot. -Explained that if I run in shoes then my knees force me to stop after about 1km, whereas without shoes my body suddenly starts working properly again! I forgot to mention the fact that it's simply a lot more fun than running shod too...;)

Wild Wild Wild
Today was the scheduled day for the Irving 1/2 Marathon.
There were thunderstorms but the were all off to the west.
I geared up and started on my way.
1/2 way there I could see lightning in the area where the race was going to be.
I stopped and looked on the race website and the race was cancelled.
On my way back home I could see clear skies and the sunrise.

As soon as I got home I gathered up Boulder and headed out to try to sneak in a 5 mile run.
At mile 1.5 lightning and thunder started in our area with light rain. (I decided to cut to a 4 mile)
At mile 3 the lightning and thunder got closer and it just started to pour rain.:nailbiting:
By the time we finished we were both soaked.
I think we both went faster than we have ever gone before!:D

I ran Tues, Wed, Sat, and Sun. Today was an impromptu long run. I had planned on a long run but things happened and I didn't get out for a run until late, I think I hit the trail around 5:30pm and decided to do my 8 or 9 mile route. When I got back the sun was still higher than expected (still getting used to the longer days!) I said what the heck and kept on going. Lots of blue jays out and a few mallards flew by as well. Ended up with the longest run of the year so far for me, 14 miles. Did it pretty quick too, under 1:50 for 13.1 (I walked the last .9). Sure I race a lot quicker but I usually dont push myself during training and end up with my long runs often in 9+ minute range. Just so full of energy lately.

Reactions: Tedlet
I have a new start and finished 3 races last week.
Thursday - 10.70 km
Saturday - 10.20 km
Sunday 13.7 km

These are 34.60 km with 510 meters of altitude

Also I walked with my boys about 5 hours in the forest barefoot.

Reactions: Tristan and Tedlet

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmeiners11