Mileage Reporting Week 13 (Mar 27-Apr 2)

Discussion in 'Mileage Reporting' started by Runlite01, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Runlite01

Runlite01
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Two nice runs so far this week.
    5 miles Tuesday at 5:00 am.
    5 miles Thursday also at 5:00 am.
    Cool weather mid 50s to 60s.
    Mostly spotting rabbits and have not seen the moon.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Tristan, Tedlet and Blemons like this.
  2. Blemons

Blemons
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

2 good runs this week for me.

3 miles Tuesday. Found a new concrete path trail around town that I haven't run before. Beautiful trail, mild temperatures, felt great.

3 miles this morning. Had to get an early start due to days planned activities. Started in the dark at 5:30 am. Could barely see the trail. As a result, possibly, was my first experience with a TINY shard of glass. Didn't even notice it till later in the day. It was so small though not sure if I could've avoided it even in the daylight. Dug it out with at needle and all is good now. Great run. Only passed one other runner. Everyone else was SLEEPING LATE on a Saturday morning. LOL. Also, as I am just a little over 4 months of this barefoot running gig, I've noticed my speed slowly increasing. Started out around 11 min/mile and this morning with this run I broke the 10 min/mile mark and wasn't even trying for speed.

Until next time...Happy Trails all!

Tristan, Runlite01 and Tedlet like this.
  3. Tedlet

Tedlet
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Busy week for me workwise unfortunately:yawn:, so I only managed to get out at the weekend.
    Headed back to the local parkrun for the 5km regular outing to see if I could improve my time a bit. Managed to trim about 15 seconds off, so I felt quite pleased with myself after a long week after all.
    Got asked by one of the other runners why I was running barefoot. -Explained that if I run in shoes then my knees force me to stop after about 1km, whereas without shoes my body suddenly starts working properly again! I forgot to mention the fact that it's simply a lot more fun than running shod too...;)

Tristan, Blemons and Runlite01 like this.
  4. Runlite01

Runlite01
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Wild Wild Wild
    Today was the scheduled day for the Irving 1/2 Marathon.
    There were thunderstorms but the were all off to the west.
    I geared up and started on my way.
    1/2 way there I could see lightning in the area where the race was going to be.
    I stopped and looked on the race website and the race was cancelled.
    On my way back home I could see clear skies and the sunrise.

As soon as I got home I gathered up Boulder and headed out to try to sneak in a 5 mile run.
    At mile 1.5 lightning and thunder started in our area with light rain. (I decided to cut to a 4 mile)
    At mile 3 the lightning and thunder got closer and it just started to pour rain.:nailbiting:
    By the time we finished we were both soaked.
    I think we both went faster than we have ever gone before!:D

Tedlet, Tristan and Blemons like this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Ohio

I ran Tues, Wed, Sat, and Sun. Today was an impromptu long run. I had planned on a long run but things happened and I didn't get out for a run until late, I think I hit the trail around 5:30pm and decided to do my 8 or 9 mile route. When I got back the sun was still higher than expected (still getting used to the longer days!) I said what the heck and kept on going. Lots of blue jays out and a few mallards flew by as well. Ended up with the longest run of the year so far for me, 14 miles. Did it pretty quick too, under 1:50 for 13.1 (I walked the last .9). Sure I race a lot quicker but I usually dont push myself during training and end up with my long runs often in 9+ minute range. Just so full of energy lately.

Tedlet likes this.
  6. Bodhi

Bodhi
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Germany &...

I have a new start and finished 3 races last week.
    Thursday - 10.70 km
    Saturday - 10.20 km
    Sunday 13.7 km

These are 34.60 km with 510 meters of altitude

Also I walked with my boys about 5 hours in the forest barefoot.

Tristan and Tedlet like this.