Mileage Reporting Week 12 (Mar 20-26)

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
5 mile run Monday at 4:45 am 67 deg.f..
Clear skies, cool moon and heard 2 screech owls (nice).

8km this morning just before some light rain.
Followed the usual circuit of the lake for most of it, with a slight detour along some pretty rough paths on the edge of the village. -Probably the wrong decision in hindsight as I picked up a sharp piece of gravel which decided to embed itself in my big toe!:mad:.. It meant the last part of the run was a bit uncomfortable to say the least, but I managed to remove the offending rock sample quite easily once I'd returned home. Toe's a bit sore now, but hopefully I'll be good to go again in a day or so...:barefoot:

It has been ages since I reported in. But that doesn't mean I haven't been out pounding the streets of Oakland in my barefeet! With the exception of vacation time and a few weeks of a chest cold, I have been out 3-5 times a week, sometimes in the rain (loved the muddy puddles). This morning, I ran about 5 miles and also took out a new slack-line which I am trying to learn to use. The slack-line is another reason to be outdoors and barefoot. (Not that anyone in this group needs a reason.)

Last edited:
5.3 miles on Monday (I can't even remember the details, been a long terrible week :(!), Wednesday however met up with an old running friend, I think it had been maybe 3 years since I ran with her. And her first run since last November so just an easy 4 miles at the metro park we always used to run at. The asphalt there is a bit rough! But my sore on the foot is pretty much healed and well on it's way to being toughened. Yesterday 7.3 mile route, .5 of it were walking for cooldown after.

In other news, I had been having a bit of discomfort after a thorn puncture on my trail run way back on Feb 12. I thought I got it all out then, but after another week or so I had to go back in with a needle. Apparently I still didn't get it, but going back into a healed over puncture really got it irritated for days. I had been doing epsom soaks, and eventually I couldn't really feel it much anymore. Until yesterday I felt it come back darn it, and this morning I felt it clearly. I also noticed a bit of a defined lump in the area, and after closer examination there was a black speck poking through. After getting out the needle and headlamp I finally got the bugger out! I wasn't sure something was still in there but it definitely was. I've never once had something I couldn't get out that day, this was a first. Apparently with it embedded right on the middle of the big forefoot pad behind my big toe I've run a bit over a hundred miles of pavement with that thorn tip in my foot. :mad: So glad its out finally.:singing:

IMG_5631crop.JPG

In other news, I had been having a bit of discomfort after a thorn puncture on my trail run way back on Feb 12. I thought I got it all out then, but after another week or so I had to go back in with a needle. Apparently I still didn't get it, but going back into a healed over puncture really got it irritated for days. I had been doing epsom soaks, and eventually I couldn't really feel it much anymore. Until yesterday I felt it come back darn it, and this morning I felt it clearly. I also noticed a bit of a defined lump in the area, and after closer examination there was a black speck poking through. After getting out the needle and headlamp I finally got the bugger out! I wasn't sure something was still in there but it definitely was. I've never once had something I couldn't get out that day, this was a first. Apparently with it embedded right on the middle of the big forefoot pad behind my big toe I've run a bit over a hundred miles of pavement with that thorn tip in my foot. :mad: So glad its out finally.:singing:

View attachment 7957
I recognise that feeling! -Did something very similar about a year or so ago. I'm still not actually too sure what the object was that got me, even after getting it out. It was just black and very thin.
Much as you've described, I knew I'd picked up a passenger as soon as I did it and managed to remove what I thought was the offending item once I'd finished running. Then it seemed to be taking a bit longer than normal to return to being completely comfortable. I couldn't see anything obvious, or particularly feel anything either from touching the skin. So I went about my usual business, running on it as normal, for the next week/10 days until it became clear to me that there was still something in there. So, like you, I went in back for another 'dig' and -hoorah!- out popped the remainder of the object!
The clearest recollection I have of it is the great feeling of 'Oh that's way better!' the instant I actually got it out!
Thanks for posting -I thought it was just me that got unlucky!...:happy:

Reactions: Tristan
I rounded out the week with 2.4 miles Saturday morning, so finally making some progress in gently increasing weekly mileage again. Then, I got to do a bit of dancing Saturday night. I wish more of the women who are smiling at me like they wish they could dance as energetically would come talk to me. I could give them some hints!

Reactions: Tedlet and Tristan
Long run yesterday with Yvonne. Have had a slew of problems lately from my thorn to road rash and this week some kind of pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder. Felt good to be able to pull off a 12.5 mile run with no problems (well the shoulder problem continues but didn't effect me). Mid 70's! Felt like summer.

Weekly total 29 miles (1 of which was walking).

Reactions: Tedlet

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090