Mileage reporting week 10 of 2016

Runlite01

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2013
Denison Tx
Most interesting 5 mile run with our new rescue dog Bella (we now have 3 rescue dogs).
She did fine (she seems to be a runner) she was also barefoot.image1.JPG

Last edited:
Enjoyable 4.5km today. We've had a fair bit of rain recently, so although it was dry this morning lots of the paths were flooded. Hence -not much silent running happening here today!
Ran by a handful of fisherman on the lakeside braving the early morning fog. Not sure whether or not they're the same group I usually see, but we exchanged a pleasant 'good morning' nevertheless..
Feet, legs, etc... all feeling ok at the moment, so a good start to the weekend...:)

Got just a few runs n rides in so far... an easy 5 mile run Monday, Tuesday I took out my new/old Schwinn Voyageur on it's maiden voyage... 25 miles on the rail trail and it worked out great. I'll include a pic, it was such a nice day! 8.5 mile run Wednesday, then busy Thur/Fri. Today I took the Voyageur out on some rough back roads including a couple miles of dirt/gravel to see how it handled on the rough stuff with tires a bit wider than I've used before and it handled great, I'm loving this nearly 30 yr old bike. Then a quick 2 mile run after I got off the bike.

Voyageur1_hoot-720.jpg

I've got racks and panniers on order and I think a lot of longer adventures on that bike will pass through that very spot.

20miles this week, mostly in the hills. Some snaps of the early morning mist, I really need to get a proper camera as these grainy picks don't do the views justice.
Still nice pics, and beautiful area. I just use a cell phone myself - any of my pics I post (like the one above) were just on my cell phone. Of course I usually do some basic tweaks on the computer first before posting. Cameras have really come a long way, my phone is like 3 years old almost and considered mediocre when new, but 13MP on a phone is still pretty amazing to me!

Last edited:
Was able to run 29.5 miles this week, all skin to ground. Just keeping it loose and relaxed. Was glad to see the ladies who have been coming to feed the ducks saw the wisdom in not feeding them in the middle of the path this time!

Bella looks so sweet runlight, I like the one floppy ear.

20miles this week, mostly in the hills. Some snaps of the early morning mist, I really need to get a proper camera as these grainy picks don't do the views justice.

View attachment 6845 View attachment 6846 View attachment 6847
Realy, even with the worst camera ever you can see the beautifull Hills and surrounding. Absolutely jealous. Here In the Netherlands everything is flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: skedaddle
Realy, even with the worst camera ever you can see the beautifull Hills and surrounding. Absolutely jealous. Here I'm the Netherlands everything is flat.

Yeh, I suppose the pictures just didn't do justice to the way I was feeling on the run. The mist was wonderfully atmospheric and my camera just washed it all out.
Don't be jealous, sometimes I cry out for flat, the important thing is that we are running and sharing our experiences.
I love your avatar Nopp.

Yeh, I suppose the pictures just didn't do justice to the way I was feeling on the run. The mist was wonderfully atmospheric and my camera just washed it all out.
Don't be jealous, sometimes I cry out for flat, the important thing is that we are running and sharing our experiences.
I love your avatar Nopp.
I'm not jealous in a negative way. Its just that I have to drive At least 200 km to go to hills half that size. In summer I'll drive to France and Spain just to be in the mountains:) and you are right running trough The Dutch forests is fantastic. But change of scenery every now and then makes running such a great sport.
I've found the avatar on the Internet. Hope the company I've lent it from does not mind:shy:

Last edited:
Great 5 mile run Friday at 5 am
Most excellent 12 mile run at 6:00 am (late start due to day light savings time change).
I saw one owl in a tree being yelled at by a mockingbird, ducks, parrots and cedar wax wings.
nice creek crossings. great sunrise.
Ready for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon next weekend in Dallas;)

I had a horrible running week with only 18 miles(my back was badly hurting so I had to take it easy).

Take it easy to run a other day.;)
I was not taking it easy and ran less than half of what you did:happy:

Oops!
Nopp, if I take easy for too long I go coo-coo. I hope you're are doing better.

Hope things are OK Dama, don't like to see any of the crew hurting.
Thanks skedaddle, thanks to lots of physical therapy I am almost back to normal.
What happened was that we got new chairs at work and I sat for about ten miserable seconds testing the chair and that did it, I felt like a knife went thru my spine like a flash.
Thankfully I got my old chair back and I am about 80% healthy. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.:joyful:

Oops!
Nopp, if I take easy for too long I go coo-coo. I hope you're are doing better.
]
Thank, but I'm not doing bad. I started 7 weeks ago and am still building up. Maybe in a year I will runn the distances you run now. Getting more miles every week:) I do recognise getting coo-coo when not sporting but remember, without the right rest and time to recover there will be no progress. Remembering this helps me to accept restingdays.

Don't I know it(about recovery and). Nopp, glad to hear that you're doing well.
Transitioning requires lots of patience but am sure you already know that. Good luck and have fun.

Thnx, hope your backpain goes away soon.
By the way, being a bit coo-coo (not to mutch) makes life a lot more fun:wacky:

Thanks Nopp, I am almost back to my "normal" thanks to PT.

Reactions: Tedlet and Nopp

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts