Mileage Reporting 9th week of 2015

happysongbird

Chapter Presidents
Jul 1, 2011
Nampa, Idaho
dailyimprovisations.com
Ran 10 miles barefoot at a relaxed pace Monday. Was my relatively smooth pond loop, but with a fair amount if scattered gravel. I stepped on my first fish hook. It was clean and sharp, but although it felt like a different kind of sharp, it wasn't any more trouble than pulling out the occasional sticker weed. I wasn't sure what to do with it, though, and carried it a bit before offering it to a walking fisherman. His girlfriend seemed bothered by me, but he was quick to grasp the situation. Unrelated to the hook, which attached itself to a heel edge, the ball of one foot got unreasonably tender and suffered some skin breakdown. I wasn't aware of it until after the run. Best I can figure is that it is too many barefoot miles too soon after winter, even though my soles look and feel leathery. It is disappointing. And in the cool down department, I got another swim in. 5 days to go and I will have do e that every day this month.

Woke up out of my cocoon reluctantly this morning and ran 5 miles at 4:45am 36 deg. f. feels like 27.
only saw one rabbit.
I heard 1 rooster but I do not know if I could call it crowing.

feet good
legs good
Trying to sneak in barefoot runs when its not sleeting or snowing.
Also still trying to work on relaxing (without dosing off)

Ran 38.7 miles this week. Took Monday off because I was a bit grumpy and the weather wasn't good. The rest of the week followed a pattern if I managed to get myself out the door, what often started out with the idea of maybe only going a few miles would turn into 6 to 9 miles. Except Friday, it was really cold and a little after a mile was done, I began to feel the desperate urge to sit down and drop a pound or two. So that day was only 2 miles.

I'm so ready for spring by this point. The long range forecast says we might touch 60 degrees a couple of times next week. Can that really be true? It just seems like as the winter has gone, it has just kept getting colder. Last time it was up over 50 degrees was back in very early January.