Mileage Reporting 49th week of 2012

15.5 miles on Saturday, I ran a race and finished. Here you go BL.
Perfect report. And this is one of those rare instances when I'm not trying to be ironic, sarcastic, or facetious. It was just the right length. Well, maybe another paragraph or two wouldn't have hurt. Is that your new blog?

Good luck on the Across The Years race/test. That sounds brutal. The closest I've ever come to doing something like that was one day in Syria when I rode my bike for close to 16 hours, with a half hour off for lunch. My legs trembled and twitched for about an hour after I got into my inn. And then the only places open were the pastry shops, so I totally overloaded on sugar. Worst high in my life.

Thanks again for your recommendation to try going faster to alleviate the ITBS. So far that advice has been golden, and it's also pushed me into a whole new way of thinking about my running. For the next few runs at least, I'm going to try to maintain my pace between 8mm and 9mm and stop to walk when I can't sustain it. Basically I'll be doing fartleks, with walking breaks instead of jogging breaks, because I don't want to risk provoking the ITBS with slower paces. I'll keep trying to improve that way for a while, and avoid plus 9mm paces altogether.

Reactions: NickW
Perfect report. And this is one of those rare instances when I'm not trying to be ironic, sarcastic, or facetious. It was just the right length. Well, maybe another paragraph or two wouldn't have hurt. Is that your new blog?

Good luck on the Across The Years race/test. That sounds brutal. The closest I've ever come to doing something like that was one day in Syria when I rode my bike for close to 16 hours, with a half hour off for lunch. My legs trembled and twitched for about an hour after I got into my inn. And then the only places open were the pastry shops, so I totally overloaded on sugar. Worst high in my life.

Thanks again for your recommendation to try going faster to alleviate the ITBS. So far that advice has been golden, and it's also pushed me into a whole new way of thinking about my running. For the next few runs at least, I'm going to try to maintain my pace between 8mm and 9mm and stop to walk when I can't sustain it. Basically I'll be doing fartleks, with walking breaks instead of jogging breaks, because I don't want to risk provoking the ITBS with slower paces. I'll keep trying to improve that way for a while, and avoid plus 9mm paces altogether.

Thanks, yeah I'm going to use that blog to track my workouts. I had one before but I lost the password and couldn't get them to change it for me.

Glad the speed work is paying off, it's funny because I have had some minor issues with my ITBS recently and everytime if I speed up for a bit it goes away.

That sounds much more intense and fun, this one is just a 1 mile loop in a psuedo oasis. Good thing most people treat it as a party more than a race.

Nice time Abide! the route looks very beautiful.
Enjoyed reading the report.

Reactions: Abide
Glad the speed work is paying off, it's funny because I have had some minor issues with my ITBS recently and everytime if I speed up for a bit it goes away.

You know, the way I feel sore after faster-paced running is kind of the way I feel sore after heavier lifting. I don't feel sore or strained in my joints, tendons, or ligaments, just in my muscles. I also feel the quads and glutes more, the lower leg muscles less. I guess it makes sense that more powerful running would complement power-lifting type workouts.

this one is just a 1 mile loop in a psuedo oasis. Good thing most people treat it as a party more than a race.
Oh yeah, I remember that now from Jason's report. I don't think I could run around a loop for much more than an hour, let alone three days. Glad they're providing analgesics.

Reactions: Abide and NickW
6 miles, late this morning (9am), but again wet with socks and sandals, freezing drizzle/snow/ice stuff in the low 30s. Used to think socks and sandals were the epitome of cliche tacky. They likely still are, but we've made friends. My feet are just warm enough even when sopping wet in the cold.
Goodness, campus is hilly compared to my place (well, i've been avoiding some of the hillier routes, which also happen to contain worse dog threats than the ones I'm used to, at least that's my excuse).

6 miles, late this morning (9am), but again wet with socks and sandals, freezing drizzle/snow/ice stuff in the low 30s. Used to think socks and sandals were the epitome of cliche tacky. They likely still are, but we've made friends. My feet are just warm enough even when sopping wet in the cold.
Goodness, campus is hilly compared to my place (well, i've been avoiding some of the hillier routes, which also happen to contain worse dog threats than the ones I'm used to, at least that's my excuse).

Nice miles, wrong week though :D

Reactions: NickW
If for some the week ends on Sunday, perhaps for Scedastic it ends on Monday. To each their own. Organizing BFRers is a bit like cat herding, no?

I'm off to do my chest and upper arm strength-training, you can find me in the 50th week, sometime tomorrow, after my run.

Maybe you'll be less crabby after your workout.

Hey, I'm tired. Cut me some slack. At least I didn't post this in the injuries, or coach talk sections, right?? Don't I get partial credit? I definitely need partial credit. Just one more day. Pity points. Please? I need at least a B in this class.

Alright, alright, here's your B, I do understand you're under a lot stress as lately, I'll let you get by this time.

Reactions: scedastic and Sid
Maybe you'll be less crabby after your workout.
You read that as crabby? A little Freudian projection perhaps? I was being silly. Besides, I would be too afraid to smart off to you.

I was tired though, I admit--been up since 2am. Now I'm done with a lovely ST workout, properly pumped, and posting this reply so this thread moves up the forum cue again, just to see if we can trick someone else into posting in the wrong week.

Reactions: scedastic and NickW