Mileage Reporting 48th Week of 2012

why choose?
eat one cookie for indulgence, and one more to fuel a run
No, no, really. I actually do need the rest. I already topped off yesterday at Johnny Rockets (mushroom swiss burger, chocolate peanut butter malt, cheese fries), mango smoothie at the movie theater, couple slices of pizza, chocolate covered almonds. Gained 3lbs (of glycogen, water, salt, fat, whatever). Plenty of fuel. Just need rest. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Edit: I should probably have some veggies today, for roughage and all. Umm, mango smoothie counts right? Those almonds were healthy...

13.1 mi minshod. I die now...

Edit: I mean uh... cool off, shower, get some blueberry pancakes with whipped cream, maybe watch Life of Pi. Yeah, that's it.

I ended up starting out 3 hrs later than usual, and it ended up being about 15-20 degrees hotter than my runs for the past month. Low 70s, sunny, didn't bring water, too stubborn to run home. Stuck to the shade, explored some parts of the neighborhood that I'd never seen before, all in all okay until about mile 11. Those last 2 miles, felt like my first 2 miles years ago. Started out thinking I was going to go for 14mi today, but I was close to home and didn't want to run another circle around the local streets. Anyway that's 59mi for the week, a PR. Not sure that I'm planning to do that ever again.
AWESOME mileage this week.
I accidentally made it into the low-mid 50s mileage wise once this fall (by adding from like a wednesday to the next tuesday).
Won't be doing that soon either. It takes a lot of time, oh, and leg work.
59 miles is amazing. Congratulations.

Reactions: Sid
finishing off last week with the following
8 miles on Friday and Saturday for a week total of 50 miles

I know this is going to bug Lee, but today is the last day of my week and today I ran 3.18 miles while zigzagging through a ton of people at the Jingle Bell Run 5k for a new PR for me of 27:42 despite running an 8:35 pace (this is actually a faster pace than my time but a ton of zig zagging around crowds). Officially, it's the 27:42, but I'll be danged if I wasn't having to zig zag all over the roads because they changed the route this year onto smaller roads and with 4000+ people it made it really difficult to pass people without cutting from one half of the road over to the other and back again. I wish they would have kept the route they did last year as it was a wider road and easier to pass people. I also made the mistake of letting Jen talk me into starting closer towards the middle. Wish I would have been a little farther up at the start. Jen's husband sure got lot's of attention, he probably had 50+ people (mainly women) stop and ask to take their pic with him. He definitely kept Portland Weird. ;) (there is a slogan here that says "Keep Portland Weird"). I don't have any pics but maybe somebody else that has one will share it.

I know this is going to bug Lee, but today is the last day of my week ...
I think Sunday only counts as the seventh day of the week if it's a day of rest, which it was for me. Spent the morning putzing around with my toddling son, cleaning up the last traces of toys and leaves in the yard, in preparation for winter, if it ever comes, putting up the pagan-inspired, nature-worship-derived Christmas tree, and putting some lights out on a tree outside, which will look pretty in the snow if it ever snows, having an indoor picnic of beef skewers, Zinfandel, and spicy baby bell peppers with the family while watching Christian Ponder stink up Lambeau Field, then doing whatever my kids wanted me to do while my wife put in new extensions.

So ended the week with three days of no exercise. I don't know when I've taken such a long break. But my cough is pretty much gone now, so I'll write it off as inactive recovery. Hopefully this week will be something of a winter restart after a frustrating fall of mishaps and setbacks. Going to try to use December to re-establish the decent running I was doing last summer, with no real expectations for distance or pace.

It makes sense that Sea Monkey is as weird as Jen, but I had been kind of picturing him as Jen's straight man, patiently setting up her kinkful one-liners.

Great Mileage Sid! I like the way you left the last mile out there . . .

Reactions: scedastic and Sid
I know this is going to bug Lee, but today is the last day of my week and today I ran 3.18 miles while zigzagging through a ton of people at the Jingle Bell Run 5k for a new PR for me of 27:42 despite running an 8:35 pace (this is actually a faster pace than my time but a ton of zig zagging around crowds). Officially, it's the 27:42, but I'll be danged if I wasn't having to zig zag all over the roads because they changed the route this year onto smaller roads and with 4000+ people it made it really difficult to pass people without cutting from one half of the road over to the other and back again. I wish they would have kept the route they did last year as it was a wider road and easier to pass people. I also made the mistake of letting Jen talk me into starting closer towards the middle. Wish I would have been a little farther up at the start. Jen's husband sure got lot's of attention, he probably had 50+ people (mainly women) stop and ask to take their pic with him. He definitely kept Portland Weird. ;) (there is a slogan here that says "Keep Portland Weird"). I don't have any pics but maybe somebody else that has one will share it.

Great time, Nick! The crowds at some of those events are really tough. I learned that at my first 5k last summer. There were people with coffee cups in their hands right at the front on a very narrow pathway, and lots of folks who would pass, then just hang out in the middle of the course with their earbuds in, oblivious. Ah, well, it's fun to see so many people out there doing it, right?

Reactions: NickW
Thanks Sced! I was a little disappointed yesterday when the official results came out, but after having a full nights sleep I am happier with it. I know I ran faster than what my official time is and really, that's all that's important. It was a lot of fun and Jen's husband's outfit was awesomely hilarious. It was great to see everybody from our OR group too. Overall it was really great and I just learned some small lessons for next time if I am "racing" vs just running in a race. This race I wasn't quite sure if I was going to race or if I was just going to run as Saturday my hamstring decided to really act up and bother me, so I wasn't sure if it would bother me during the race or not. At the start of the race we took off and after a couple minutes I looked down at my garmin and was surprised to see that I was in the 8's for pace. I took that as my cue to race vs run.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I know this is going to bug Lee, but today is the last day of my week and today I ran 3.18 miles while zigzagging through a ton of people at the Jingle Bell Run 5k for a new PR for me of 27:42
Just noticed I had misread my race time from yesterday. I had actually ran it in 27:22, which is a full 30 seconds faster than my previous PR (post back surgeries that is). Much happier with that and now I feel bad for complaining...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts