Mileage Reporting 48th Week 2013

9.5 gravel trail miles yesterday at about -5C with a challenging gale force north wind gusting to storm force - lots of grit and leaves in the air. Different - but delightful!

Today was easier. Started at the same temperature, but it was flat calm, so the 7 miles to work were very enjoyable. Coming back, the same way, this evening the temperature was just above freezing but the wind had freshened. Still very pleasant.

I love my Altra Adams!

Only lifting weights this week.
I want to run but me feet don't. I take this week to let them heal (won't even walk). They still hurt in the muscles underneath.
So more lifting and maybe some crosstrainer in the gym just to burn some energy.
I did legs and chest yesterday. I'll do shoulders and triceps today.

9.5 gravel trail miles yesterday at about -5C with a challenging gale force north wind gusting to storm force - lots of grit and leaves in the air. Different - but delightful!

Today was easier. Started at the same temperature, but it was flat calm, so the 7 miles to work were very enjoyable. Coming back, the same way, this evening the temperature was just above freezing but the wind had freshened. Still very pleasant.

I love my Altra Adams!

Impressive that you ran on Sunday, it was terrible out there. I took that day off and stayed warm by the woodstove.

Ran yesterday after work, wore the Xeros. About 4.2 miles, slight breeze but nothing terrible. Good solid run. I need to work on doing hill sprints at least once a week, I think. As I like to do in that park, I like to finish with a hard sprinting tenth of a mile. I did that last night, turned my legs as fast as they could go, and I didn't even come close to breathing hard. Some of that's because my aerobic capacity has gotten a lot stronger these last three months, but I think some of it is that I don't have much natural sprint speed and I need to get the fast-twitch fibers I have working so they can sprint harder when I ask them to do so.

Great 3 mile run at 4 :45 am., 37 deg., 87% rh... I do not know about the winter challenge. Could someone let me know? This is the first run of week 15 of training.

Crap forgot to post here yesterday.
6.5 miles last night at -25 degrees including 1 km of barefooting in the falling snow (luckily I did not fall on my ass too, it was a little bit slippery out).

4.25 miles tonight with another km of barefooting at -18 degrees. This time on hard pack snow, lots of traction tonight wish it could of been longer but sae la vie.

bob, showoff.

chris, i thought you were bf and i was impressed, until i saw AA at the end. i still hold you in high regards with your aerobic pace. :)

m-aside from school and eating, sleep. i was in bed 11 hours. must've slept close to 10. was out of it. didn't study for my test today but still got a good grade. :bookworm:

t-hour "run" on the trail before going to school. ran in vff lontras. at 7am with the sun barely out and it was maybe under 32F, that's 0C for you internationals, didn't want to suffer numb feet. i wasn't injured nor did i die or anyone around me either. at school i got adjusted by a new intern. we're going to work on my hip since the leg and ankle work was unproductive. immediate results. i don't feel lopsided, physically, not mentally. i'm sore though from it and going to bed earlyish.

chris, i thought you were bf and i was impressed, until i saw AA at the end. i still hold you in high regards with your aerobic pace. :)

m-aside from school and eating, sleep. i was in bed 11 hours. must've slept close to 10. was out of it. didn't study for my test today but still got a good grade. :bookworm:

t-hour "run" on the trail before going to school. ran in vff lontras. at 7am with the sun barely out and it was maybe under 32F, that's 0C for you internationals, didn't want to suffer numb feet. i wasn't injured nor did i die or anyone around me either. at school i got adjusted by a new intern. we're going to work on my hip since the leg and ankle work was unproductive. immediate results. i don't feel lopsided, physically, not mentally. i'm sore though from it and going to bed earlyish.
Sorry to disappoint Migangelo!

Congratulations on the test result.

I expect the vast majority of my runs till sometime in March/April will be in Adams or Vapor Gloves. Like you I'm not prepared to be uncomfortably cold on my commute and, whilst my feet can handle fairly low temperatures when moving, I can guarantee that I'll be stopped by lights/traffic several times on my commuting runs and those waits can be very chilling - and they happen often enough that I can't get warmed up at all.

7 miles local roads in around 56 minutes. First cold weather run of the year for me around 37F very windy...there was a chance for snow this morning but it only rained. Didn't know how far my feet would hold up in the cold so just gauged it a half mile at a time. Feet got slightly numb after a mile and stayed that way no better or worse and surprisingly held up very well with no problems at all. Wind was kinda rough though... all head wind on the way back from Harbins park.

I did a back workout in the gym today.
I feel sorry for my dog. He's so used to our daily walks or runs and he's not getting out on them this week. I almost did a walk today just for him, but didn't and now I'm actually pretty proud that I didn't and rested the feet as planned.

About 3.75 miles in the Xeros this morning. Windy, cold, which helped to keep me moving although I never felt like I was working too hard and I could say full sentences out loud the whole time except for the end and the last hill which I gutted my way up because I like to finish relatively fast if I can.

Now I can relax and finish getting the split pea with lamb I'm making to take with me to my brother's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Most excellent thanksgiving day run at 7:15. 5 miles clock at home showed 28 deg. f... watch showed 32 deg., f. 65% rh... Saw couple of geese flying low right overhead (honking), ducks in a creek, heard the rooster crow, beautiful morning sky (with sunrise), one tree really stood out bright yellow/red leafs 1/2 on tree 1/2 on ground.
Feet Good
Legs Good
Hope all here enjoy the holiday!!!!!

Thanks Migangelo I think, I generally don't consider myself a showoff more of a behind the scenes type of guy.

Got another 3.5 miles in last night with the mukluks. Snow had built up just a little bit to much on the sidewalks and trails yesterday for safe barefooting. The roads are just a skating rink so there was no way I was running there. Will see what I can finagle tonight I guess.

little trail run before food today with paraganek and his son who was chomping at the bit to run while dad slowed down for me. feeling good after some turkey but feeling the need for a nap coming on. did a few pistols during my run and a couple of one arm pushups. not much other than a few pistols yesterday.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test