Mileage Reporting 46th week 2013

1 mile and some walking on Tuesday night. And that should be it for me until the New years. Got grounded by my doctor, my foot got sore again so to my doctor I went today. According to the xrays that were taken 3 weeks ago there was no sign of a fracture but there was a bone chip in my ankle that looked as if it had been there for a while and the verdict at that time was a peroneus tendon tear. My foot was still swelling at night and the discomfort was in a pin point location on my foot. So today more xrays and my gp told me no running for 6 weeks as he also believes it is ligament or a tendon tear as well. :( Also found he is not very barefoot friendly, as a matter of fact he seemed a little ticked that I would even contemplate running barefoot. So, off to the pool I go and see if I can still swim and if I can turn into a fish like some members here. :D
I have worked through many a running injury with swimming! Hope you heal soon and well.

Well, what can I say? More songs about weights and running, including my second full session of MINT (Medium-Intensity Non-interval Training). Or is it MIC (Medium-Intensity Conditioning)?

Box jumps starting to come into their own, as well as the med ball tosses. Brought my clubs too, as I've always had trouble getting to my clubbell exercises during my st workouts, so I'm going to try to make them part of my MINT as well. So good for the shoulders and wrists. Between each MIC set I swear at my windedness, "frick!" So good.

Did overhead squats again two days ago, wow, I really felt it in my abs and obliques the next day. Great 'core strength and stability' exercise. My split squats stink, but the full back squats keep getting better. Left shoulder feeling just about healed. Will test it later in my Back/Front ST session. I'm tired of holding back.

Yesterday hill running. Oh yeah. I have a love/hate relationship with hill repeats and hill sprints. Yesterday she hit me just right. Feet got surprisingly numb considering temps were in the 40s. Damn windchill.

1 mile and some walking on Tuesday night. And that should be it for me until the New years. Got grounded by my doctor, my foot got sore again so to my doctor I went today. According to the xrays that were taken 3 weeks ago there was no sign of a fracture but there was a bone chip in my ankle that looked as if it had been there for a while and the verdict at that time was a peroneus tendon tear. My foot was still swelling at night and the discomfort was in a pin point location on my foot. So today more xrays and my gp told me no running for 6 weeks as he also believes it is ligament or a tendon tear as well. :( Also found he is not very barefoot friendly, as a matter of fact he seemed a little ticked that I would even contemplate running barefoot. So, off to the pool I go and see if I can still swim and if I can turn into a fish like some members here. :D
Man, bummer Dutchie, but it's good to hear you now know what's been bothering you all this time. Hope you heal up soon! Canada needs you. Meanwhile, we got another fish on our hands.

Gotta bunch of new Icebreaker Merino wool gear by the way. Thanks again for your rec. The Tracer Pants feel like pajamas, they're sooooo comfy. I hope I'm not too tempted to lay down and go back to sleep on tomorrow morning's long run. And the Legend jacket is so good looking, my wife wants me to wear it when we go out. Even got Merino wool boxers now. Bring it on Old Man Winter, hit me with your best shot!

Hey everyone, I should mention that Icebreaker gives you a 20% discount on your initial order, and they have a "freedom to try" policy, which means you can order and return as much gear as you like, with no shipping costs. Pretty sweet.

Shame about the injury, Dutchie. Hopefully it'll heal up good and quick.

I ran 3.3 miles after work yesterday, easy-paced, wearing the Xeros. Legs were a bit dead, but no problems, just enjoyed the time to run and forget about the craziness of work yesterday.

A little over 4.25 in 52:00
If there was a tounge-in-cheek smiley I'd be using it here....;)

Shouldn't this say "A little over 4.25 in Giant Pillowy Overengineered Shock-Masking Marshmallows.... Frolicing in Blind Bliss.... I feel like a Prince in a Fairytale!!!"

For me.... 4.3 miles.... Skin to Pavement.... 40 degrees. Happy.

5 miles on pavement in my Brancas/Lunas. My leg length discrapancy is not down with pavement. Why the hell am I running a half on pavement? I don't want to. I'm sure as hell not going to train on pavement anymore.

Wednesday - perfect swim of 2 x 5 minute intervals, followed by a 10 minute interval

Thursday - 60 minutes on spin bike

Friday - strained an arm muscle learning how to change out my garden cart tires… but proceeded to have nice 8 mile run "with" hubby wherein he managed to run 10 miles, but still stayed close. What a guy.

7.8 miles for a long run this morning. My brother's foot is fine so he's running tomorrow and I'm not taking his place.

First dream I woke up from last night had me flying down a highway because I had springs in my legs.

The next one I was running barefoot at a trail half-marathon and when I got to the 13 mile marker, that's where they were finally giving us our bibs. I saw that I was going to PR and was going crazy because the guy handing out bibs was giving one to everyone but me. Finally he handed me one and I stuck it to my shirt, then went sprinting past everyone who was finishing. When i crossed the finish line, the guy who was clicking the timer for runners missed clicking me because he saw my bare feet. I turned around and was running backwards before he finally clicked it. I looked at my watch and saw I had PRed.

Maybe my dreams were telling me something. My legs felt springy when I set out today and the run went very well.

7.8 miles for a long run this morning. My brother's foot is fine so he's running tomorrow and I'm not taking his place.

First dream I woke up from last night had me flying down a highway because I had springs in my legs.

The next one I was running barefoot at a trail half-marathon and when I got to the 13 mile marker, that's where they were finally giving us our bibs. I saw that I was going to PR and was going crazy because the guy handing out bibs was giving one to everyone but me. Finally he handed me one and I stuck it to my shirt, then went sprinting past everyone who was finishing. When i crossed the finish line, the guy who was clicking the timer for runners missed clicking me because he saw my bare feet. I turned around and was running backwards before he finally clicked it. I looked at my watch and saw I had PRed.

Maybe my dreams were telling me something. My legs felt springy when I set out today and the run went very well.

Great dreams!

I'll just say i LIKE all the posts here this week. My work has got out of control the last few weeks and I have n0t done any running lately. I just want to encourage every one to keep on posting their miles...its still helpful for us who are just lurking.

5 miles at a leisurely 10:10 pace while pushing my son in his stroller. First half of the run I was about a 9:50 pace but the return trip was all head wind and it was all I could do to keep it at a 10:30 pace on way back. No ST today as I have too much going on in my life. I may be able to finish up one class about 3 weeks early as I am ahead of schedule with homework and teacher said he would let me take the final early if I get all the homework done for the course. Should be done by tuesday or wednesday with that this week.

define "bad run." ;)
Sure! Never could get comfortable. Too fast, too slow, couldnt get my heart rate down, once I did my arch started aching. Stop and go. Knew it before I got to the end of my road, should have just turned around and gone home, but I'm bull-headed and wanted to get some miles in... I'm a single parent this week (wife out of town) so getting time to go is tough. I have MAD RESPECT for single parents, that's hard!

Here we go, I am back ! I missed you all, but even though I did not sign in, does not mean I did not run, I was just too busy (what a lame excuse...)

Anyway, this week was pretty normal, as far as running goes

Tuesday 12.2km/7.6mi

Thursday 14km/8.7mi

And today 16.5km/10.3mi

All barefoot, I did not put the Vivo this week, as I felt my soles were really doing well, no soreness, nothing.

However, I have a recurring pain every morning when getting out of bed, on my left heel. Symptoms are very similar to PF, but it is not under the arch, I keep rolling my calf, with the hope it will go away, at least the pain does not increase for now

Next week, I will have a long commute time to work, so I will have to squeeze my runs very early morning (about 5:30am), I'll see how that goes, because I got used to get out for my run around 7am

A gentle 13 mile barefoot trot in Central Park this afternoon on a beautiful Fall day. I was running contra-flow to the Knickerbocker 60K event and I kept seeing a member of our barefoot meet-up crew running well in his trimmed down huaraches. He's a glutton for punishment as he ran the NYC marathon 2 weeks ago and he's way older than me!

st yesterday with heavier weights. long run on the trails today. lot of jerks out there. heard comments and lots of snickering. i guess they felt like idiots wearing gloves, hats, jackets, shoes, socks, tights, camel backs while i only ran in shorts. was nice being on the trail though. two hours.

as i was falling asleep last night i twitched. apparently this is a sign of stress and too much cortisol production. going to walk the dogs right now and may back off the weights if this continues. otherwise i will continue with the running.

I got my headlamp! princeton tec apex. 200 lumen. if i can't play baseball with this thing i'm sending it back.

i also got a kneeling chair to take to school. trying to make them remove one that's bolted down. the squeaky wheel gets greased right? yup. i also have a professional grade wobble board coming this week that i'm taking to school. going to look like samwise gangee, spelling?.

Reactions: happysongbird

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test