Mileage Reporting 45th week 2013

Scratch

Barefooters
Jul 9, 2013
Welcome to week 45.

I finished off last week with a 1.6 mile microrun yesterday. That run gave me 24.2 miles last week, of which about 12.8 were barefoot and the rest in Xeros. That's the most miles I've run in a week, but no aches in the muscles, tendons or bones. I did end up with a slight blister on the inner portion of the ball of the foot behind the left pinky toe with Saturday's long run, but it's almost healed up now.

First hard freeze around here last night. I spent some time walking outside to see how the feet would like the colder conditions. They did okay, although the ground isn't deeply cold yet. But hopefully my feet will begin to acclimate and maybe at some point I can start posting some miles to the winter challenge.

Been to the gym. I did shoulders and triceps.
Yesterday I did a half marathon (about to make the report) and I'm pretty tired but I just had to go to the gym and do a little something.. :)
The week up to the half marathon we moved to a new house and I've spend that week lifting heavy boxes and furniture. That's the reason I've been missing here and it served as last weeks training.

Took a barefoot spin around the work neighborhood at lunch today. Temps sitting around 4 degrees without the windchill. It was a blustery day, as Winnie the Pooh would say (kind of ironic since it is Winnipeg) for my 10km run. Good headwind, overall good run. Looking for my first snow run tonight as there are flurries in the forecast. Can't wait, hope to take some cool photos :snaphappy:

Started off the week with 26.2 barefoot miles on a brisk morning in NYC. 3:34:05 at a nearly constant pace.

My Polar HRM recorded the distance as 26.95 miles - but who's counting?

I'll try and put some impressions together later in the week.

Outstanding ! I cant wait for the details of terrain, pain, responses from other runners and how you feel today.

I am 4 days away from the Las Vegas Ragnar race I am tapering my runs today I did 2.3 miles. I don't know the temperatures but it was snowing light flurries and brisk winds. I started my run in light sweat pants and two shirts one long and the other was short sleeve. I had gloves and of course no shoes. The sun was not out so the side walk was to cold for my liking. I opted to run on asphalt slurry seal or ( killme seal ) the sun came out a little and that was nice as the snow picked up, beautiful. I had not run in cold weather for a while. It had snowed 1 inch earlier in the day but it had all melted by the time I was running. By the end of the run I had removed my gloves and second shirt I was feeling great and my feet were not to cold and no numbness or wait would I feel it if it was numb :) No pain no brain. I think I will save that to yell the next time I see a bf runner in the winter I will give it to him. O wait, I'm the only one who dose that. (Dont you feel like that ?) The one thing I did like was not hearing all the stupid remarks coming from open windows. :) Now off to get a massage to work out any tightness left from my long runs last week.

12.1 miles S2G at a dry 40-45°F, with a brisk cool breeze developing throughout. Doggy was dragging after about 6 miles, so I went to put her in the car, but the key wouldn't work. It probably only took a couple of minutes to problem solve, but by then I had cooled down. I did one more mile almost in pain from the cold, then happily remembered I had a sweat shirt in the car. That made a huge difference. Definitely advantages to running a 1 mile loop.

sunday: 9 miles, toward midday, cool and breezy, on the gravel trail near my house. Fall colors just past peak.
about 45 min swim in evening w kids.

monday: 2.5 mi early, a few sit ups, 30 min swim midday.

the cooties linger. they might have gone bacterial. sinus issues, ear ache. ugh. in an interesting reversal, I had the cooties first, now my kids are getting sick. But no need to worry; they sniffle a few days over the stuff that makes me feel like I've got a plague, such is the nature of their rockin' immune systems and healthy upper respiratory tracts.

Started off the week with 26.2 barefoot miles on a brisk morning in NYC. 3:34:05 at a nearly constant pace.

My Polar HRM recorded the distance as 26.95 miles - but who's counting?

I'll try and put some impressions together later in the week.

Did you see the Jesus guy?

Reactions: migangelo
Slide outside tonight for another 6km with the pooch. Snow flakes were falling as we pitter pattered along.

8km lunch run with the work folks. Warm and sunny, lots of people around because it's a public holiday in Melbourne (but not here) and plenty of folks come to my part of the world for holidays.

Some definite minor soreness in a muscle below where the big calf muscle ends, and on the 'inside' side of the leg. Rolling like crazy. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

Oh, it was beautiful last evening. Chilly, but not a breath of wind, turning into dusk and I set out running. Legs felt wonderful, a strong quick rhythm but not working too hard, just floating almost or flying, round and round the park loop, just turned into 30 minutes of bliss and feeling synched and kept slowly accelerating til I ran the last loop at about 8:30 min/mile pace and then ran the last tenth of a mile in 40.5 seconds or so.

But then, last night I had a nightmare that I was running in shoes.

But yesterday's evening run was about as beautiful of a half-hour run I've ever had.

Start of week 12 of training . Great 5 mile run at 4:45 am 63 deg. f., 95%rh.. Had been raining all night ground was totally wet the whole run. Saw one rabbit, heard the rooster crow.
I do not mind running on wet ground.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts