Mileage Reporting 37th week 2013

I did have a nice, relaxing 20 minutes of swimming yesterday. One longish interval and a couple of shorter ones. It was hard to get in the water, but it was very worth it.

Then, today, I rode 70 minutes on the spin bike. I am going to run in the barefoot race in Boise tomorrow, but I really just want it to be like a training run, so I thought actually not resting the day before would help keep me relaxed. So far so good. Besides, I have to pick up DH at midnight at the airport tonight, so I'm not going to be very well rested. Might succumb to a nap in the early evening....

great pictures - fun to browse through!
Thanks! As I mentioned, I was a little pressed for time, so the shots are hurried and I could've taken more (like a proper shot of the whole Stone Arch Bridge, doh!). I'll try to take my point-n-shot camera with me on tomorrow's run too. I would be great to see more of other people's routes too. BFWillie suggested this a long time ago, but it took me a while to motivate.

BTW, which do you think is better, thumbnails or whole pic shots like I posted above (at 40% image size)?
How about some plastic supermarket bags over the feet and held in place with rubber bands to keep the plantar skin from softening?
I actually did that while traveling by bicycle and sometimes while hiking, when it rained, but inside shoes.

BTW, which do you think is better, thumbnails or whole pic shots like I posted above (at 40% image size)?
I found it easier to browse with them already full size, but I understand how after that it makes scrolling on the page in general more time consuming.

Reactions: Bare Lee
T
Take it easy, especially in the early miles, and make sure you are not pushing off and all should be well.
I find warm rain runs really refreshing and I'm not unduly troubled by softening skin - so long as I'm moving all the time. If it's raining while you wait to start it is probably worth having some shoes you can discard - or someone to hand them off to - to avoid softening your plantar skin.

Have fun!

Thank you for the insight. I sort of hope its rainy just for the thrill of it.

Back from a surf. The water was chilly and the waves were crap, but the sun was out and it was nice to be in the water.

I'm thinking about doing 5km on the beach later today when the tide is out to test my feet - they're looking pretty beat up after my pavement run a couple of days ago with a blood blister at the top of the callous under my second (Morton) toe, but it's not painful anymore. It's got me thinking about form, and I think I'm getting it all wrong. Last week I tried to push off my big toe more to stop myself from landing on the outside middle of the foot, but I think this doesn't work well on hard surfaces when you have Morton's toes. This week I'm going to try again and keep the pushing off to a minimum but still try to land a little bit forefootish. I need to sort this out because I'm planning on doing a 12km fun run in November which will mostly be on roads, with some nasty looking chip seal towards the end.

Ok, just checked our weather report and it looks like we may have rain during a 10k on the 21st. We are in a level 8 drought here in Dallas. Chances for rain runnung are very rare.I need some advice please from you seasoned veterans of running. Coz even though I'm a summer chicken, I'm fairly new to running. Never have run more then 3 in rain. Should 6 be any different?

Wait...RAIN...uh, it will definitely be different. I can't remember, now, if you will get more or less grab - but it's pretty substantial! Take it easy!!!

Reactions: Owlrun
30 cumulative minutes of strength exercises today. Primarily for my hips - step-ups, squats (multiple types), leg lifts (multiple types), reverse hyper-extensions (a bit difficult to do these without access to a gym, but not impossible!), lots of my combination "push-up/down-ward-facing-dog/plank" exercises. My hips feel good and stable!!! I did not do my "pee on a fire hydrant" exercises though...not sure that's a good idea to finish up after that beer...lol!

6.5 miles today with a 1/2 mile walk at end for 7 miles today. It was a nice easy run, no discomforts and legs feel great. I must be known now in the neighborhood as barefoot guy because this morning as I ran by 2 ladies who were walking their dogs the concern was not over my feet but where was my dog this morning. Yup mister lazy bones would not get out of his doggie bed, just looked at me with one eye and not moving at all as if to say "can't you see I'm sleeping". Also got passed by a shoddie who slowed down enough to ask the usual questions to why and how do you do that. Hopefully he will be curious enough to try it one day. Golf tournament tomorrow but hope to get out early and get a couple of miles in, I'm liking this running everyday again, my legs and feet like it too. :)

nice time chris.

walked yesterday and may do light run to park and do some body weights. race tomorrow that should take me 2 hours to do, likely in the rain. fun 7 miler full of obstacles and lovely crossfitters.

Did my 1st 7 mile today. Run/ walk mix. Started at my usual 5am with the usual hot and muggy conditions. All was going nice and smooth up until mile 5 and change. Then separate places in my person started to ring here and there like a cow bell.
Ringing is my interpretation of pain. I started with one behind my left knee. Then another on 2 of my right toes. Altogether 3 would ring now and again. Then sometimes all would go at it. I shut it down to a walk at 6. I used my visualization to imagine 3 mini cows tagging along with me and Becky. This was a coping method to stay upbeat. I got home and iced my knee and that worked wonders. Now a few hours later my knee is fine. I guess with longer distance this sort of thing takes place. It's just new to me.

On the critter front 8 bunnies and one bat and rooster. I heard the rooster.

Feet and legs getting better
Life is good. On to my 10k next Saturday......maybe in the rain.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test