Mileage Reporting 31st Week of 2013

Early morning run just after sunrise at Ft Yargo state park...ran the inner loop trails at a recovery pace 11:35 m/m...legs aren't as fresh as I'd like. Still plenty of fun muddy spots around... ran thru the campground and a lady asked "where are your shoes?" I turned my head and looked behind me then shrugged with arms raised and said as seriously as I could "I don't know where they went"...she thought for a few moments then busted out laughing.

and a lady asked "where are your shoes?" I turned my head and looked behind me then shrugged with arms raised and said as seriously as I could "I don't know where they went"...she thought for a few moments then busted out laughing.
:hilarious:

Ok first run this week after a week off with my Achilles and knee pain. Went great! A week off does ya good!
Only three miles but really concentrating on my form. Light on the feet, upright, feet moving back before they make contact with the ground (thanks Ken Bob). First time I've really gotten to grips with that. Anyway ran average 7:29 min miles. Felt epic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375481396.431213.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375481406.335962.jpg
http://runmeter.com/745217ae4f6b4757/Run-20130802-2130?r=e

Oh and my running vests arrived! :)
Gonna wear it on my long weekend runs and all the up coming races! Nothing like a bit of free promotion.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375481570.414152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375481583.477334.jpg

Maybe I'll boost a few extra members in the chapter!

am: it was raining cats and dogs (but nothing larger) and I'm a wimp, so I did alternating balance ball/ab exercises and one mile intervals on the rectangular indoor track at my gym. 3 mi total running: I really enjoyed my thin socks on the hard slippery track. GREAT form check. No pushing off.
A few arm weights.

lunch: swim. Ended up chatting with one of my kids swim coaches, also lifeguard on duty, also my former(? till I can afford more lessons) swim instructor.
Didn't swim as much as usual, maybe 45 min total. But I was in the lane right in front of his guard chair so I was on high alert and trying not to look so lame, which was extra workout, so I"m counting that as somehow more. However, I'm sure my best behavior swim was his "gosh, did I teach her to swim like THAT?! She did say she was sick................."

Still wheezing, hacking coughing, sneezing, achy, but no worse for the workout.

Taking a rest today. Was supposed to be a swim day. However, I've been learning the butterfly and the upper body was still sore.

Yeah, one of these days I've got to get back to working on that.
It's absurdly humbling when you see 3 heats of 8yr old and younger little girls competing in butterfly and you are pretty sure you would be way more tired by the time you got across than they are.

Yeah, one of these days I've got to get back to working on that.
It's absurdly humbling when you see 3 heats of 8yr old and younger little girls competing in butterfly and you are pretty sure you would be way more tired by the time you got across than they are.
I have no desire to do the butterfly. To me it seems the most unntural of strokes. I don't think me nerve damaged arm would be capable anyway and that's the excuse I'm sticking to!

Nice run....shirt looks great too!
Thanks mate. The week off did me good. And I'm very pleased with the vests. I'm going to wear it in all my upcoming races. I've had plenty of questions on twitter from local athletes so hopefully this will identify me to them and start up a few conversations in the runs. Hopefully it will generate a little interest here in Northern Ireland and boost a few members. :)

I'm having trouble keeping myself reined it. Planned to do 1.25 miles, but did around 1.5 miles, but the feet and legs felt light and springy once I got going and nothing is feeling wrong in the immediate aftermath.

I did notice one thing today was that at first I was trying to keep my pace really easy, but I wasn't getting that spring-feeling and the run wasn't feeling easy. I picked up the cadence, began moving a bit faster, the legs started springing and things felt easy and right. So it actually seems like if you go too slow, it's harder and not easier. I guess it's like in that one video by Dr. Cucuzzella when he shows that one drill and how if you go real slow at it, it feels tough, but if you speed it up to the proper cadence, it gets easier.

I'm not timing things yet, but I have a definite impression that I'm probably running somewhat faster than when I last ran regularly back in 2010. And I think it's got to be because of the cadence and that I'm finally learning good running form.

Just ran my furthest distance yet barefoot this morning - 9.5 miles. Felt great after the run! Was a nice cool morning. Saw some turkeys this morning on the edge of the park along the trail. Counted 12 young ones probably weighed about 4lbs. Soles are slightly sore on the palms of my feet but good.

Wife and I are now going to pick sweet corn and freeze sweet corn all day. Gonna be a long day.

No run yesterday as I was busy getting a truck ready to bring to town to insure, have inspected, and license. Bought this truck last fall and have been anxious to license it. Here are a few pictures of it at my parents sod farm.

Attachments

• IMG_4426.JPG
    IMG_4426.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4427.JPG
    IMG_4427.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4432.JPG
    IMG_4432.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 10
Just ran my furthest distance yet barefoot this morning - 9.5 miles. Felt great after the run! Was a nice cool morning. Saw some turkeys this morning on the edge of the park along the trail. Counted 12 young ones probably weighed about 4lbs. Soles are slightly sore on the palms of my feet but good.

Wife and I are now going to pick sweet corn and freeze sweet corn all day. Gonna be a long day.

No run yesterday as I was busy getting a truck ready to bring to town to insure, have inspected, and license. Bought this truck last fall and have been anxious to license it. Here are a few pictures of it at my parents sod farm.

Congrats on the distance! That truck looks like one I drove in the Army many years ago...that will hold a lot of sweet corn.

Hubby suggested I do a trial triathlon this AM, to boost my confidence. I was skeptical, but it went amazingly well. Does he know me or what?!
  • Swam in the pool for 15 minutes. He adjusted the rate some while I swam.
  • Then, a 12 mile bike ride in 44 minutes, and
  • to top it all off 3.1 miles with splits of 8:14, 8:17, and 8:08.
I did not feel like I was straining, although I was obviously working some, so I am feeling pretty good about the tri next Saturday.
The knee is getting a little better, too, I think.

What a cool truck. Do you need a CDL to drive it? Details please (engine, tranny, etc). I drove and worked around trucks in a past life. Nothing military though.

Hubby suggested I do a trial triathlon this AM, to boost my confidence. I was skeptical, but it went amazingly well. Does he know me or what?!
  • Swam in the pool for 15 minutes. He adjusted the rate some while I swam.
  • Then, a 12 mile bike ride in 44 minutes, and
  • to top it all off 3.1 miles with splits of 8:14, 8:17, and 8:08.
I did not feel like I was straining, although I was obviously working some, so I am feeling pretty good about the tri next Saturday.
The knee is getting a little better, too, I think.

Sounds like a great pre-race workout. Great times too. Don't overdue the knee this week and you'll have that tri knocked.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts