Mileage Reporting 31st Week of 2013

Larry

Barefooters
Sep 13, 2012
Almost copy-pasted 31th week, but I'm making sure I'm on guard against the grammar police.

I didn't run today, but I did my lunch time basketball practice barefoot after I forgot my shoes. Yes, somebody did step on my foot, and yes, there was blood. Of all people, it had to be the guy wearing brand new super chunky high-tops. Oh well.

The soles of my feet got a fair workout too - I think I might have managed a couple of blisters which hopefully won't stop me from running tomorrow morning.

Basketball barefoot could be pretty fun, especially if all players would agree to play barefoot. Playing unshod among a group of shoddies in basketball can definitely result in the unshod getting their feet trampled.

Round of barefoot golf on Saturday. Did the first mile of a hike in Valley Forge Sunday barefoot, then slipped on the Xeros because my bare feet were getting overwhelmed by the gravelly nature of some of the path areas.

I'm a big fan of barefoot golf, although I have to admit that I haven't been game to slip off the golf shoes during my semi-serious (well, for the other players, that is) Saturday competition round. Maybe I'll give it a go in the summer.
Been golfing barefoot now for 2 years. It is awesome, it is also on the golf course where I get the most comments about being barefoot. My standard reply for this is that they charge too much for beer and I had to choose between shoes or beer, and beer won. :D

Back to my slow comfort zone. 10 BF miles in 1 hr. 45 min. Longest BF run in quite a while and matches my longest BF trail run. Water, mud, gravel, sand, sagebrush debris. wildlife (coyote and rabbits), dead wildlife (a golden eagle:( and several old carcasses). No dead bodies, but a discarded torn up jacket had me worried. No traffic, no people, complete solitude.

@ Dama - I'm all about variety and yes it felt great to run fast. I feel like I dodged a bullet though and will limit speed to once a week.

@Darkand - Thanks. Take care of that leg. When you are up to running, take it easy.

@Nick - Great looking place! Where is that exactly? I might add that spot to my Northwest tour.

Everyone sick and injured - speedy recovery! We've got running to do.

Rick, that hike is up to Burnt Lake, which is by Mt Hood. It's about 3.2 miles up to the lake when you go up from the north trail entrance (North Burnt Lake Trail). My father in law and I want to go back up there and be able to camp for a day or two during the week. It is way to busy on the weekends we found out though. We would also like to pack up a crawdad trap and float tubes up there. The lake was seriously warm, it actually really surprised me. Felt like bath water.

Back to my slow comfort zone. 10 BF miles in 1 hr. 45 min. Longest BF run in quite a while and matches my longest BF trail run. Water, mud, gravel, sand, sagebrush debris. wildlife (coyote and rabbits), dead wildlife (a golden eagle:( and several old carcasses). No dead bodies, but a discarded torn up jacket had me worried. No traffic, no people, complete solitude.

@ Dama - I'm all about variety and yes it felt great to run fast. I feel like I dodged a bullet though and will limit speed to once a week.

@Darkand - Thanks. Take care of that leg. When you are up to running, take it easy.

@Nick - Great looking place! Where is that exactly? I might add that spot to my Northwest tour.

Everyone sick and injured - speedy recovery! We've got running to do.
Agreed, I too, run slow if I want to variarity is the key to succesful running, besides, I have decided that I no longer going trash talk to people...KIDDING!!

For weeks I do not comment, this month I have run in several races, in total this month I've been run over 420km a very busy month in which I made up podiums.

For weeks I do not comment, this month I have run in several races, in total this month I've been run over 420km a very busy month in which I made up podiums.

Congrats!! tell us more-please.
BTW I am still waiting for pictures of your wedding.
No me he olvidado:D

Sunday : swam 30 minutes, then 50 minutes on the spinning bike

Monday: road bike for 16 miles in one hour, then ran 2.1 miles S2G on rough road with steep hills. Thought it would help me not try to hard with a fast pace. It did end up being a nice 9:13 mm followed by an 8:48 mm, and I felt I could have given more at the end, but I stopped anyway. Knee seems to be under control, but I'm not going to push it.

Then, I had to go sit around in the boat while hubby pulled the girls wake boarding and knee boarding. Since his surgery made it unreasonable to plan a more formal summer vacation, he has just been taking a day off here and there. Usually tells me in the morning when I wonder why he is still home.... :p This next winter, I may have to trade triathlon training for training to be ready to try the knee boarding. We've had the set up for about 4 years, but I haven't tried it.

Sunday : swam 30 minutes, then 50 minutes on the spinning bike

Monday: road bike for 16 miles in one hour, then ran 2.1 miles S2G on rough road with steep hills. Thought it would help me not try to hard with a fast pace. It did end up being a nice 9:13 mm followed by an 8:48 mm, and I felt I could have given more at the end, but I stopped anyway. Knee seems to be under control, but I'm not going to push it.

Then, I had to go sit around in the boat while hubby pulled the girls wake boarding and knee boarding. Since his surgery made it unreasonable to plan a more formal summer vacation, he has just been taking a day off here and there. Usually tells me in the morning when I wonder why he is still home.... :p This next winter, I may have to trade triathlon training for training to be ready to try the knee boarding. We've had the set up for about 4 years, but I haven't tried it.

Good to hear that the knee is behaving now.

Congrats!! tell us more-please.
BTW I am still waiting for pictures of your wedding.
No me he olvidado:D

The first week I ran 10 hours on tape, 110 km,
the next week 24 hours barefoot with 102 km,
the next week 50 km mountain with 6000 meters d +
and this past weekend a 5.5 km asphalt where did eighth position stopping the timer in 18min32seg

225643_10200526686563938_1090836700_n.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have a beautiful family. Your baby is sooo cute, how old is he?
And WOW that's a lot of running and fast too! congrats again.

5.8km this morning. My feet were a bit tender after playing basketball yesterday, but I didn't have any blisters so I thought I would give it a go. Probably a mistake in hindsight. I picked a route with a bit more (cold!) grass than usual, but my feet are still feeling a bit hammered at work today. I've got that tingly, "I hope that means they're healing" feeling.

Of course, while I was running it wasn't a problem, because I couldn't feel anything. There's something to be said for running in winter I guess. What was interesting was that my pace was slower than usual, by at least 15 seconds per km, and I couldn't pick it up. I guess my brain knew what was going on, even if my feet didn't.

12.3km/7.6mi run this morning, weather was nice (about 12C/53F), even managed to miss the sunrise (I was later than usual, at about 7:30am).

Got a nagging pain under my third metatarsal, which does not seem to increase, but neither decrease...It does not bother me while running, but little bit concerned, will try to take it easier in the next 2 weeks or so, before the race