Mileage reporting 30th week of 2014

Discussion in 'Mileage Reporting' started by Larry, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I-Did-It (Steve)

I-Did-It (Steve)
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

About 8 miles at a fun pace...just cruizen along :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

1 mile pavement run, barefooted, and buzzed -thank you beer! Followed by a 3 mile walk in the woods with more beer! Lol! This beer may have lead to some photobombing on my part - heh heh heh. Part of my run actually included running through sprinklers on the grass and the tire-swing at the park - but shhhhh!

3. Runlite01

Runlite01
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Texas - Dallas

Nice 6 mile run at 5:15 am. 82 deg. f., 70% rh..
    Saw rabbits and 1 lighting bug.
    Last run of the week for me this week. Total miles 24.
    Feel good!

4. mokaman

mokaman
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Thursday - upper body ST workout

Saturday - morning run at Rabbit Hill park 70F very hi humidity, forgot to charge my Garmin so ran by feel...4+ miles tempo then 2+ cooldown.

5. I-Did-It (Steve)

I-Did-It (Steve)
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

4 miles yesterday, slow and easy :)

Scratch, Josh16 and happysongbird like this.
  6. dutchie53

dutchie53
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

This week consisted of 5 runs. they were all between 3 and 5 miles or so. I found my Garmin 305 in a junk box while looking for something else. Having not used it in over a year I thought I would charge it and use it the next morning to check the distance of 1 of my routes. Next morning came around and I went to put the Garmin on. Than I had a thought, would I really want to know the distance and pace? And I decided that I would rather run and feel pleased with the pace and estimated distance than face the disappointment of numbers that the Garmin might show at the end of the run. The Garmin now rests in a junk drawer in the garage. RIP Garmin 305, I am now gadget free and feel a heck of a lot better for it. No worry about pace or heart rate zones, just run like I did when I started running for fitness 40 years ago. As I have come to terms with my age and realize that PR's are a thing of the past (except barefoot ones), I've decide to just run for the enjoyment that running brings. :)

7. jldeleon

jldeleon
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. California...
    3. Washington

1 + mile in flip-flops across stores and parking lots cuz I forgot to officially work it into my schedule - heh heh heh. As I was running on the flip-flops, I became acutely aware they actually replicate what running on muddy trails feels like! I will have to include them in some of my running.

8. happysongbird

happysongbird
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Idaho

Saturday - 4 miles in Lunas running on gravel, through tall weeds, and stickers with husband and one daughter. Had one 1/2 inch thorn go through my sandal, but the only part of me that got skin cut was my finger when I thought it was a lodged pebble and tried to brush it free.

Later in the day I was able to swim 20 + 10 minutes

Sunday was a much needed rest day, as I have another long run tomorrow, which will be my first really long one almost all by myself.

Scratch, Josh16, dutchie53 and 2 others like this.
  9. I-Did-It (Steve)

I-Did-It (Steve)
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters

About 8 miles of intervals, the faster bits were probably 4 miles worth, all at 7:30 mm pace or faster for between 80 and 400 meters at a time...was fun ;-)

All STG, and my soles got sore for the first time in a long time due to the high pace.

No blistering or abrasions though.

10. RandyY

RandyY
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

Went for a 7 km run yesterday, felt good. I haven't been running much, too busy working on the beachbody challenge. I did 10 km two weeks ago as well!
    I did get up to Edmonton at the start of the month for the Spartan Sprint, managed to improve my standing from last year, finished 3rd of 32 in my age group, top 10% overall! Lots of mud, I loved that part! :)

11. Josh16

Josh16
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

Saturday, 1.5km barefoot walk on a treacherous gravel road. Probably "runnable" for some. Difficult to walk on for my inexperienced feet.

12. dutchie53

dutchie53
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Canada

4.5 mile or so on a nice cool morning. Started nice and easy but towards the last mile or so I was like a horse that smells the barn, as I ran the last or so at a decent clip. Now to see how much blood I can donate to the mosquitoes on the golf course, they are horrible this year.

13. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

Congrats on the 20 miles Laura. You have certainly done things the right way. New guys with distance goals - follow Happysongbird's routine.

14. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

Our new spokesman for the just run camp - Dutchie

I have been going no gadgets on my known routes and it is very enjoyable. Also on my last long run since I was with others that were setting the pace. But, I just can't give up the GPS completely. Not that I am anyway near fast, but I use it to keep my pace slower and also it gave my wife a little less worry when I showed her the track back feature.

15. scedastic

scedastic
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Michigan
    2. Minnesota

For this week, I did about 3 more runs, one bf, the rest in sandals, a couple more swims, a hike, and tried to do some bit of weights every day. This is keeping me sane as I prepare to move myself and children several hundreds of miles in a couple of weeks.

16. Barefoot Dama

Barefoot Dama
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota
    2. Iowa
    3. México

Late, I know.
    Last week I had only 33.5 miles total with a 21 miles long run and .5 mile coold down walk.
    This makes the fourth 20+ miles for the Summer but I am going to dial it back for the next three weeks or so as I feel like my body needs a break, so I am going to listen to my lazy body a little bit...maybe:p

I-Did-It (Steve), DNEchris and Josh16 like this.
  17. Barefoot Dama

Barefoot Dama
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Minnesota
    2. Iowa
    3. México

All this weight for a 5 mile run? I don't carry anything for a run under 2 hrs.
    Looks like everybody's runnign is going really well.

Josh16 likes this.
  18. bare_ftazn

bare_ftazn
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. California...

Do people use compression sleeves only for therapeutic reasons? I usually have annoying calf, Achilles, and ankle tightness for a couple days after jogging. After getting a set of sleeves for my calves I have noticed a better tolerance for working the muscle and joint.

19. Scratch

Scratch
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Well, I've also used them to help keep the lower legs warm along with the feet in colder weather. Yeah, they don't cover the feet, but if the legs are kept warm, they pump warmer blood into the feet.