Mileage Reporting 25th Week of 2013

Dutchie, maybe you need to start slow and then speed up. are you fat adapted? i can go somewhat fast and far w/out food.

today i did my 20 min test per Orton's program to test for my avg HR. 186bpm. i got to 195 and had to exhale through my mouth 4 times. bfast sure helped with the run this afternoon. i hit 2.5m in that time. 8m/m pace. i could probably do a 24 min 5k. big improvement from a few years ago and didn't really feel that fast but i'm a bit tired. my HR was really high the whole time and i slowed down as the test progressed. my first mile was actually faster than last week's 1 mile test. 7:14 compared to 7:22.

Whats this Orton's program stuff? Just curious never heard of that before.

I think you could do faster than a 24 min 5k.... sandbagger... i see a 21-22 5k for sure.

Reactions: Darkand

It's too bad bodybuilders have turned so many people off to weightlifting/strength-training. Done right, it has so many health benefits--supports the joints, increases bone density, prevents injuries, increases immune system function, fosters a higher overall metabolic rate, and so on. Plus, it's a confidence booster to feel relatively strong and fit.

Lifting or running?
Fruits or vegetables?
Massaging or stretching?
Beer or wine?
Football or football?

And for women, strength training is great! Even what little I've been getting lately allows me to carry around my not small 10 yr old with no back pain. ever. she thinks it's hilarious (I"m not large of stature). I love knowing my back won't hurt and I"m strong enough to do things. ST is the only thing that does that.

curves are more interesting. :cool:

Orton coached McDougal. giving his program a try as my maf pace stopped moving. couldn't change the stress so trying this for about 5 months. not sandbagging, maybe soon at 22 min 5k but not just yet.

Ran 12 miles at 4:30 am, 81 deg., 70 % rh.. Excellent run! Saw raccoon right at the start (it was sneaking around in an alleyway), over 30 squirrels, over 10 rabbits, 2- flocks of ducks (one flying, one down by a pond), lightning bugs. Left calf was still keeping me in check ( I was slightly worried but had to let it go) relaxed my feet, relaxed my ankles, relaxed my calves, relaxed my legs (no dosing off). This is the end of week 9 of training for me (27miles). Added some mountain biking on trails this week. I love the trails on the bike its like a roller coaster. I love to run barefoot. I'm still calling it legs good, feet good. (still looking forward to 1/2 marathon 7-6-13 Irving summer marathon)

9 miles with a bit of walking mixed in today at Little Mulberry park. 6.5 miles trail...detoured off in the middle of trail running and did 2.5 miles park pavement with 1.5 miles of that at tempo speed. Feet conditioning was noticeably better today...I wasn't able to run these trails comfortably barefoot before this summer. Ave pace for whole run was about 11:00 m/m.

20 miles this week.
4.3 miles on Tuesday
3.1 on Friday
13 miles today barefoot in prep for the half marathon on Friday. It's filled me with confidence, despite the blood blister on the end of my third toe and my sore calves.
Need to represent properly on Friday. I'd a journalist on the phone on Friday and a photographer out today because barefoot running is pretty unheard of here. But hey, it'll help with the fundraising. :)
http://www.dailymile.com/people/Darkand

And for women, strength training is great! Even what little I've been getting lately allows me to carry around my not small 10 yr old with no back pain. ever. she thinks it's hilarious (I"m not large of stature). I love knowing my back won't hurt and I"m strong enough to do things. ST is the only thing that does that.
True dat! I love having that confidence that I can pick someone or something up without pulling something. I'm also loving my increased clown-like flexibility now that I've been stretching more regularly.

Swam about 30 minutes yesterday, but the best part was that I managed a 20 minute interval. It wasn't super fast, by any measure, but just swimming that long without any kind of a break (in my pool there are no ends of the lane...) is an accomplishment. Edit: I forgot to add that I rode the spinning bike 60 minutes after that!

Then, today a daughter and I got out for a 14 mile bike ride. The wind picked up on the way back and naturally was against us. With the hills, I still managed a good pace for me (3:30 - 4:10 mm), but I paid for it when I tried to run. I attempted hills on the run, too. And rough pavement. Those legs were screaming at me part of the time, but it ended up being a decent enough 4.something miles, although not anywhere near as fast as last weekend's run after the bike.
Wow, so basically a triathalon, right?

12.8 mi on Saturday hot and humid weather but it was cloudy and there was some breeze/wind so it wasn't too bad.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts