Mileage Reporting 24th Week of 2013

I'm hoping you're happy crazy - not violent crazy!

You're hoping she's not violent crazy? Look at her pic! That expression just screams "I'm going to cut off your limbs and mail them to Peru. Then I'll put your torso down in front of the door and start calling you Matt. When I'm done with that, I'll throw you in the ocean and call you Bob." Hannibal Lecter is scare of her, man! Ye gods...

I got another barefoot mile in this morning for a total of 3 barefoot miles this week. After I got home, my wife offered to help me toughen up my feet by hitting them with a meat tenderizer. That's my wife--always looking out for my best interests.

:hilarious:

4.8 miles trail
First run in a while. Headed out to the trail for a run at dawn. Encountered rain on the way there, and waited 15 min for it to clear. Sand was compacted from the rain. Grass on the back part of the trail hadn't been mowed in a while, but I pressed on. Thought some raindrops were pelting me on the head, then realized it was a swarm of various insects divebombing and biting me. I hurried back towards the main trail, swatting at the insects eating me alive. I'm not too self-conscious about running barefoot, but I felt a bit silly running from the swarm and swatting at them, like some cartoon scene. The rest of the run was uneventful.
Part of my run on Thursday evening was through thick bugs. They weren't biting, but I swear they were trying to enter my brain through my eyeballs. We altered our route as soon as we could!

Yesterday, swam 30 minutes. Stroke seems to be getting stronger, so I turned up the current, but the machine wiggles some, so had niggles of sea sickness. Stopped 10 minutes short of goal to avoid full blown episode... Hubby seems torn between marvels of engineering to secure the machine and what he sees as the benefits of me becoming adjusted to water motion, as I seem to have done with the settings up until this point.:eek:

Today, almost 28 miles with a new friend on road bikes. Just the 2 of us, meeting for the first time for this ride and had a lovely time chatting while climbing hills and otherwise keeping up a nice pace. She showed me new (to me) approaches for dealing with dogs while biking. Basically, stop and speak forcefully, but not hysterically. May be a challenge for me by myself, since I generally AM hysterical when a dog charges me.

Then, within 15 minutes, I was on part of the course for my triathlon and ran 3 miles barefoot. Was pleased that the last 2 miles were an 8:20 pace after all that riding!

So, I came home and ate a (homemade) bacon cheeseburger.

You're hoping she's not violent crazy? Look at her pic! That expression just screams "I'm going to cut off your limbs and mail them to Peru. Then I'll put your torso down in front of the door and start calling you Matt. When I'm done with that, I'll throw you in the ocean and call you Bob." Hannibal Lecter is scare of her, man! Ye gods...

And that's just what ONE of my personalities will do...

Reactions: RunningPirate
Ran 5.38 miles in my Lunas on the trails today with Jen, Mike, Jim, and his cousin Tom. It was fun, thankfully Jen didn't get all grab happy with me like she normally tries to do. :p

Yup. I told "Polly" -my eight year old self, that she HAS to behave herself at group runs from now on. Hence, no grab happiness. :D

Pirate, dammit! i love " on golden pond". i remember the first few times i didn't get it. after that i loved i. been a long though.

just walked the dogs today. tomorrow hoping to outrun "crazy jen", which is the best you can do, much better than "happy", and run with nick and the newbie.

I have heard this is a great movie. I've never seen it. Maybe I should watch it this weekend!

Reactions: migangelo
Today, almost 28 miles with a new friend on road bikes. Just the 2 of us, meeting for the first time for this ride and had a lovely time chatting while climbing hills and otherwise keeping up a nice pace. She showed me new (to me) approaches for dealing with dogs while biking. Basically, stop and speak forcefully, but not hysterically. May be a challenge for me by myself, since I generally AM hysterical when a dog charges me.

Then, within 15 minutes, I was on part of the course for my triathlon and ran 3 miles barefoot. Was pleased that the last 2 miles were an 8:20 pace after all that riding!

I'm impressed! I have only run that pace twice--at two 5k races where I was going a bit faster than I should have (I almost hurled at the end of the races). And that wan't after a 28 mile ride.

I'm impressed! I have only run that pace twice--at two 5k races where I was going a bit faster than I should have (I almost hurled at the end of the races). And that wan't after a 28 mile ride.
I know there are plenty of people who run faster than me, but that was great for me and progress from last year, when I ran the 3.1 miles in the triathlon at an average 8:30 pace (barefoot). And I never feel like I can say enough how much my husband coaches me and I get encouraged by people on this forum to work at my level and enjoy my own progress.:)

Portland sounds a great deal safer than the Bay area!! :p

you guys are making me feel like a slouch today. i can see you all made use of your saturdays!

swim: not sure how long. 45 min having kids do drills/laps with me, then some laps on my own, till i had to tend to my girl who cut her toe really badly on some thing at the bottom ofthe water park pool area. she's still bleeding. poor thing will miss out on swim at least a week or two with that much skin missing.

bike: 10 miles, way easy pace

was a fun group run today. jen is violent crazy. she bent over and threw her arms out to block the trail so i stuck my foot into her sizable keister. she then tackled me and made me submit to her dominance there on the trail. lucky she didn't make me eat dirt. crap. hope i didn't give her any ideas.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test