Mileage Reporting 24th Week of 2013

Well, today was supposed to be my long day, but instead I only made it 1.44 miles in my lunas and had to walk my happy butt back home. I should have listened to my body in the first quarter of a mile, but I kept hoping my body would work it out. Yesterday afternoon I came down with something that has had me running to the bathroom pretty frequently yesterday and this morning. Anyhow, apparently it has sapped all my energy from me. I was getting dizzy, weak, and shaky in the first quarter mile and I just should have turned around then. Oh well, it was a beautiful cool and sunny day so I had a nice walk of about a mile back to the house.

Well, today was supposed to be my long day, but instead I only made it 1.44 miles in my lunas and had to walk my happy butt back home. I should have listened to my body in the first quarter of a mile, but I kept hoping my body would work it out. Yesterday afternoon I came down with something that has had me running to the bathroom pretty frequently yesterday and this morning. Anyhow, apparently it has sapped all my energy from me. I was getting dizzy, weak, and shaky in the first quarter mile and I just should have turned around then. Oh well, it was a beautiful cool and sunny day so I had a nice walk of about a mile back to the house.
Glad you at least stopped when you did! It would be a shame to see you as another runner casualty on the evening news!

3miles bare, 1.4 miles in my altra samsons and then .6 miles walking bare in the grass. I've had a terrible time finding motivation to run my full plan lately. I get out and when I get within a mile from home/finish point the motivation to go back inside disappears. I thought the 90ish temps today would fix that but even in the heat I did not want to come back to my cubicle...

Good call on stopping. I tried ego'ing my way through a run in a similar boat. All I can say is I've never ever been so happy to see an unguarded porta potty as I was that day.

Went on a group bike ride this evening with a very nice bunch of ladies, including my 2 youngest daughters. Forgot to turn on my Garmin, so don't know how far, but these gals were no wimps. The route included one monster hill. Then, I ran 3.75 miles home with barefeet, mostly on cement sidewalks due to traffic and chipseal. My bike shirt is not quite long enough when I am standing, as I am a couple inches taller than average, but I hadn't the strength to keep pulling it down, so the tummy was exposed to the commuting masses most of the way...

5 miles yesterday before I headed for home, as there were some serious looking clouds looming. It turned out that we were under severe weather alert for tornados and thunderstorms. An hour later there was some hail for 15 minutes, the size of quarters. We just missed it as it stayed east of where I live. Still planning on doing the 1/2 this Sunday so I guess I should start tapering. I am also doing the opening leg for our work marathon relay team as it is on the same route as the 1/2. Still planning on a fair amount of walking for the finishing miles as my training is way behind.

5 miles yesterday before I headed for home, as there were some serious looking clouds looming. It turned out that we were under severe weather alert for tornados and thunderstorms. An hour later there was some hail for 15 minutes, the size of quarters. We just missed it as it stayed east of where I live. Still planning on doing the 1/2 this Sunday so I guess I should start tapering. I am also doing the opening leg for our work marathon relay team as it is on the same route as the 1/2. Still planning on a fair amount of walking for the finishing miles as my training is way behind.
Hope it is all loads of fun -

Reactions: dutchie53
6.07 miles in my lunas. Felt really good and was averaging 11:15 pace for first 5 miles. The last 1.3 miles was all uphill and I slowed down quite a bit and ended up averaging 11:43 for the whole run. I think the last mile was at a 13:12 pace, so pretty darn slow. Overall I am making some huge improvements. I was looking over my logs and 2 weeks ago without the stroller I was able to do 5.25 miles at an 11:40 pace. Todays run, ya, it was with pushing the stroller on a longer run. :D

6.07 miles in my lunas. Felt really good and was averaging 11:15 pace for first 5 miles. The last 1.3 miles was all uphill and I slowed down quite a bit and ended up averaging 11:43 for the whole run. I think the last mile was at a 13:12 pace, so pretty darn slow. Overall I am making some huge improvements. I was looking over my logs and 2 weeks ago without the stroller I was able to do 5.25 miles at an 11:40 pace. Todays run, ya, it was with pushing the stroller on a longer run. :D
That is great progress! Especially with all the problem solving you were just doing -

6.5km, which I guess is 4 miles barefoot on the beach this morning. Felt really good on the way out, didn't realise I had the wind at my back until I turned for home.

On the way back I was running in the dark, into the wind, and a dog ran up to me and caught me by surprise. Gave me a little fright, and it must have increased my heart rate because I immediately felt like I was running harder than I was before. Interesting. It's a good thing we don't have really scary things around here, like bears.

It's a good thing we don't have really scary things around here, like bears.

Oh great! Something I hadn't thought of to worry about on my early, dark runs. We're having quite the drought around here. About once a week or so a bear turns up in the city looking for food and water--usually in the mornings. The police had quite the (comical) chase for a cub earlier this week (the cub got away before charges could be filed). I live and run a fair distance from the open spaces--but you never know. Now I'll be jumpy ever time I startle a cat. Since I run alone, the old joke about not having to be faster than the bear, just faster than you, doesn't apply.

I ran 4 miles at 4:30 am 79 deg. f., 76% rh. I saw no wildlife to speak of but heard an owl crying in the night. Upon hearing the owl I raised my arms like I finished a race (easily amused!). this is the start of week 8 of training. was slightly tight from the 1/2 felt better once I got going. Feet good, legs good

Note from sundays 1/2 marathon. I carry my vivobarefoot evos in my camel back during races. A woman ran up beside me and said "I see you have your shoes in case you need them " my reply was I only use them to got to the bathroom! we must draw the line somewhere. (she made a funny face)

yesterday was just a little 1 mile recovery walk with the dogs. bf of course cuz they don't like shoes. :p

today was a little over 2 hour long run. feel great. wore out my dog and i finally got the courage to cross this log that paraganek filmed himself crossing. the video doesn't show just how high up it really is. i was so scared. i sweated so much it looked like i just stepped out of the shower. i barely breathed. my hr monitor couldn't even register how fast my heart was beating. then one of the dogs followed me across and the little bastard turned around on it, twice!

oh, if, you're afraid of heights, don't watch this!

monday: gym workout (elliptical, abs, a few weights), lunch swim, short walk in the rain
tuesday: am swim, short bikeride (about 5 mi), walk (1.5 mi), a few laps around the track while my girl was at swim practice, then i set up a mat and my kettlebell outside and alternated trips up and down the bleachers with kettlebell on the mat. fun to be outside, may do more st outdoors. beats a sweaty gym.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts