Mileage reporting 22nd week 2014

40 minutes on treadmill, shod. Ugh that was a tough run. I was fighting the shoes the whole time. The shoes would have been fine had my drs last year not had me wear orthotics in them. Unfortunately the orthotics caused my feet to roll towards the outside edge of the shoe (duh, you put an artificial arch into a shoe with a flat foot and what would physics dictate that foot do???). The shoes are pretty much ruined even though those orthotics have been gone a long long time and the shoes actually still being in relatively good condition other than the broken down eva midsole. I had been contemplating wearing them for the obstacle course race on Saturday as they have more traction than my vff speeds, but I will break an ankle in those if I try that. It's looking like I may have no choice but to wear my vff speeds or my luna monos...

3 mile walk/run with the dogs. then cleaning the garage. found some trigger points in my medial ankle only to feel some in the front. get rid of some and i find others. the joy.

Having been schooled during yesterday's 8.6 mile quick run I took it very easy on a 13.3 mile trot around Central Park. It was warm (29C), and quite breezy as I ran two loops at 9.21 pace and 122 AHR. I did manage to breathe in and out through my nose for the whole distance though :)

8.5 miles with hubby. He even ran almost a mile barefoot. Then, I took him and our youngest daughter fishing, which really means I sat on the boat, while he drove it from spot to spot and caught lots of small mouth bass.

Another week of great surf means I'm not doing much running. Today it was pretty flat, so I ran my usual 11km beach run before work. On the way home I stopped for a few minutes to chat to a couple of old guys from my running club who show up most mornings for a swim - regardless of the temperature. Balls of steel. It's not exactly the antarctic down here, but the water is not what I would call comfortable in the winter.

4.66 miles in vff speeds on the trails. What an amazing run. I think I am faster on trails than on pavement. It seems to feel better on my whole body. Lots of the trails were along the Willamette river which was nice. I did have a run in with one dog who scared me a bit, big pitbull type dog of sorts. I passed his owner going in other direction and then rounded a corner and there was the dog off leash doing his business. I don't usually spook too easy from dogs, but big dogs like that make me slow down and hesitate, especially as I had spooked him when I came around the corner.

Morning - 45 minutes on spin bike with some dancing and singing. You may be relieved to know I didn't fall off or tip over the bike...
Midday - a couple hours of barefoot grocery shopping. Advantage to being a woman: I can put on a cute little skirt and some earrings and people just seem confused about me being barefoot.
Evening - 30 minute non-stop swim under balmy skies.

Yesterday did a very nice 12km/7.5mi at a reasonable pace (5'12"/km - 8'20"/mi).

I never had the feeling of pushing too hard. Small uphills were the focus, I tried to keep my cadence high (it is usually lowering too much)

My new Garmin has a race predictor function

5km 24' seems realistic
10km 45' That is the upper limit I think....Probably do closer to 50'
Half marathon 1h51' (did 1h55 a couple of weeks ago, so seems reasonable)
Marathon 3h45' I wish ! We'll see next year if I can achieve that

Sunday - Suwanee Creek Parkway, 11 miles pavement with a couple other Georgia runners...pretty warm conditions borderline heat training.

Tuesday - 2 hour barefoot hike plus a small amount of running...exploring Ivy Creek Greenway in an undeveloped section that the county park system is going to develope...wanted to see what it was like before the county "improved it"....pretty nice and rough, very over grown and too thick to run in proper but nice for hiking...no real trails here just bush whacking mostly.

1 mile barefoot, pavement running, 1/2 mile backward walking, 1/4 mile forward walking, 15 minutes of weights (inner/outer thigh, back extension, squats), 20 minutes of PT/floor exercises, 5 minutes of yoga pose - oh Camel pose, how I've missed you!

Great 5 mile run at 4:45 am. 66 deg. f., 95%rh..
Not many critter sighting.
Got some sweat on and a little flow.

No running for a day or two here - I rolled my ankle at basketball last night. I played on and thought I was able to run it out during the game, but afterwards it stiffened up and it is quite sore today. I'm blaming the shoes again.

oops. Didn't we tell you not to wear shoes?!;) Hope you heal quickly.

1 mile pavement running, 1/2 mile backward walking, 1/4 mile forward walking, 15 minutes of weights (inner/outer thigh, back extension, squats), 20 minutes of PT/floor exercises, 5 minutes of yoga pose - oh Camel pose, how I've missed you!

I'm dizzy just reading this...