Mileage Reporting 18th Week 2013

Thanks. Really. It is all useful. Yeah, my husband mentioned the "age" word yesterday. But then he goes on and says nice things like I'm in the best shape of my life and it's sexy. Mixed messages? :p And then, I do have to laugh at myself that I'm disappointed that I can "only" run 8 miles. That's a new "low." ha. :happy:
Age is all in the mind! :D

Poor men, there seems to be more social pressure to wear shoes.
Ignore the sheep!

I thought my IBRD turn out was small, but it sounds like if it's over 5, it's a crowd! Of course, I can reach that count just by involving a couple kids and friends. Not fair, probably.

I've got 9 signed up for the run on this remote island - not very many out of a population of 19+ million! However I did a dress-rehearsal a couple of nights ago and had a truly International Barefoot Running Day when a New Yorker, a Brit, 2 Finns and 2 Spaniards got together for a 6 mile run in Central Park. Other runners seemed to be less intimidated by a group of people running barefoot as they were much more prepared to start conversation as we ran together.

Tempo run today of 1.5 miles, barefoot of course. I averaged a 9:19 pace which I am pretty happy with as I was pushing the stroller. My soles are a little tender and my left foot developed a slight blood blister, gonna have to pop that. Pretty happy with how the soles held up overall though because they are only just starting to get back into running shape after a long lay off from bfr. The final quarter of a mile really whooped my butt as it was just a slight increase in elevation, barely a bump really and at normal paces wouldn't even bother me in the slightest, but it really whooped me at that increased pace. Pretty happy with my training overall this week, but I hope next week I can get a full week of training in with no distractions to pull me away.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I was told yesterday that I could start running now--:happy: :happy: :happy:
But, to go ONLY for two miles :meh: it's a start and is better than nothing-me thinks.
I am not 100% yet and I'll never be but is waaaaay better than it was two weeks ago. There still pain in the hip joint and groin but not nearly as bad:inpain:.

@Laura, it does sound as if there is a knot deep into your calf muscle that is causing you grief.
Deeply massage the hell out of it into it breaks up. It is my hope that it will go away before race day.
hip hip! I am very happy for you!
I have been massaging it, and when I did last night it didn't hurt nearly as much, so it made me hopeful. If it is a calf muscle, then it is also causing something to radiate up my thigh. Not unheard of. I know everything is connected and pain can be odd that way. I am guardedly hopeful.

hip hip! I am very happy for you!
I have been massaging it, and when I did last night it didn't hurt nearly as much, so it made me hopeful. If it is a calf muscle, then it is also causing something to radiate up my thigh. Not unheard of. I know everything is connected and pain can be odd that way. I am guardedly hopeful.

Thanks I am very happy as well but what do you know, it has been rainy, windy and cold so I didn't run:(
BUT, I looked at the extended forecast and it looks like I might be able to run tomorrow and the day after and the day after...although rain is predicted is not going to be as cold-we'll see.
Pain is hard to pin-point it just snowballs from one side of the body to the other and I don't like it! but it is what it is and we need to do the best we can...don't we.

Reactions: happysongbird
3 or 4 miles on a very nice outdoor running track. Easy pace, stopped when I felt a hotspot on my right foot. It turned out to be a small blood blister on the outside of the ball of the foot. Same spot on my foot where I had a big blister happen last year on the same track. It was a very busy day with a lot of walkers on the track so I was doing a lot of in and out weaving between them. The track is made of a rubber type compound that even though it looks kind of rough it is very easy to run on, just do not do any speed work in rain on it because that is how I wound with a big blister last year.

Ran 6miles in the neiborhood this morning 4:30 am it cooled off here to about 43 wind chill upper 30s Great run. Mile 4.3/4 stubbed my left toe (have not done this for quite some time). I may have dozed off? Sometimes I think I get in the flow a little too deep. I did not stop, got back in flow and at mile 51/4 stubbed the right toe (makes me learn to lift feet).

I am reading 50/50 very inspirational even though he runs shod. One point he talks about is getting motivated to run at different times when he is unsure. He thinks about how good he feels when he finishes a run. This makes it no question that he will go for the run. He says that the last 15 years he has run more than 5000 times. Not once has he ever felt worse after finishing a run than he did before he started. I share the joy of the post run feeling.

I am on week 2 of the training schedule I did for the marathon.
Thanks for the welcome Bare Lee!
Feet good Toes good.

Run lite

Run right

I've got 9 signed up for the run on this remote island
Might only be 8 now :(

I had an altercation with a messenger cyclist coming home tonight and ended up with a 2 cm gash on the underside of a toe.
5 stitches later I feel fine but I'm told running is off for a while.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
I was 7/8 of the way across a major street, with the light in my favour, when the messenger ran the light at a high speed and I asked him where the f*ck he thought he was going. I carried on running and 300 - 400 yards later I was sucker punched, as I ran on the sidewalk, and we scrapped for a few seconds. I got a few scrapes and only discovered the extent of the toe injury when I'd got home and showered. I'm not quite sure what caused the cut but it is almost tendon deep on my left foot, fourth toe. I'll be in huaraches for the next couple of weeks until the stitches come out and not running at all for the next several days.

I guess it was time for a few days off anyway ;)

Might only be 8 now :(

I had an altercation with a messenger cyclist coming home tonight and ended up with a 2 cm gash on the underside of a toe.
5 stitches later I feel fine but I'm told running is off for a while.
yikes! Just like in the movies? Nothing else hurt?

I was 7/8 of the way across a major street, with the light in my favour, when the messenger ran the light at a high speed and I asked him where the f*ck he thought he was going. I carried on running and 300 - 400 yards later I was sucker punched, as I ran on the sidewalk, and we scrapped for a few seconds. I got a few scrapes and only discovered the extent of the toe injury when I'd got home and showered. I'm not quite sure what caused the cut but it is almost tendon deep on my left foot, fourth toe. I'll be in huaraches for the next couple of weeks until the stitches come out and not running at all for the next several days.

I guess it was time for a few days off anyway ;)
You mean he came back to start a fight??? (This is where I admit that I don't know what "sucker punched means...)

He came back, and 300+ yards out of his way (our paths had been perpendicular), to start a fight. I'd had no idea he was behind me, riding on the sidewalk, when I suddenly found myself, him and his bike on the ground after he'd pushed me from behind.

All part of life's rich tapestry - especially in this blessed city!

Reactions: Bare Lee
He came back, and 300+ yards out of his way (our paths had been perpendicular), to start a fight. I'd had no idea he was behind me, riding on the sidewalk, when I suddenly found myself, him and his bike on the ground after he'd pushed me from behind.

All part of life's rich tapestry - especially in this blessed city!
Well, I hope you got a couple of good punches back at him and he thinks harder before he does that to someone again. I don't expect he thought he would fall down.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts