Mileage Reporting 16th Week of 2013

Bare Lee

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2011
Saint Paul
Sunday: Wanted to take the day off, but by 4:30 pm my body was primed to pump it up. Luckily, by that time I had already been playing with my kids for a half hour and there was no way they'd let me leave their warm, cuddly presences for the cold iron in the garage. So, semi-enforced rest day, with a coup de grâce of wine, cheeses, and sausages for dinner, in synchronicity with Sid's posting on French women. I believe I'm now properly prepped for an excellent set of clanging weight elevating later today.

dear friends took vacation the whole month, I've only run 28 km of trail running in 2h 48min, the rest have been enjoying my wedding and honeymoon in the south of Spain and London. I'm back

Did a nice run/walk yesterday with one of my friends from the Georgia chapter...one 6ish mile loop around the Cherokee trail at Stone Mountain park then a 2 mile walk up/down Stone mountain. This was almost all trails...we did a good bit of walking mixed in with about 4 miles worth of running. The trail was great for barefooting since it rained a lot a day or two before. On the way up Stone Mountain I heard someone singing and playing guitar...to my surprise it was a barefoot guitar guy walking up the trail...that was a first.

dear friends took vacation the whole month, I've only run 28 km of trail running in 2h 48min, the rest have been enjoying my wedding and honeymoon in the south of Spain and London. I'm back

Felicidades Antonio nosotros necesitamos ver fotografias, tienes unas fotos de tu boda?
Por favor?

More hiking mileage in prep for the Grand Canyon. Yesterday was closing day at my local ski resort. I didn't ski, I hiked up and down the ski slopes (a little running on the more gentle downhills). Vertical was the goal, not mileage or pace. I did different routes up and down to fight boredom. Lots of stops to talk with friends and several stops to watch my kids ski. Ended up with six laps, over 13,000 ft. elevation change, a little over 18 miles. A little party at the top of the hill to celebrate the "last chair" of the season. A lot of my old ski buddies were out. Another great day.

15 barefoot miles at 7.25 pace - beautiful running day - and it felt easy!
Thats fast! I have a race in the morning and I doubt I could pull that off even for just 10k. I was hoping to be close to that, planned on shooting for a pr, but I'm not feeling that fast after backing off the training the last couple weeks.

Thanks Chris for giving me a goal... I kept thinking... got to beat Chris's 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, got to beat his 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, lol

Made it in 43:46 for a 7:04 pace (10k). Was only half your distance, and I certainly wouldnt call it easy lol! But I was thrilled, thats my second fastest pace in any race. And it was a pretty small race, I pulled off 3rd overall and got my first plaque! Maybe I'll put up another thread about it. Thanks for giving me some motivation!

I'm a bit worried about the feet. They held up ok, though the blister I had 2 or 3 weeks ago wasnt completely healed, and I got another smaller blister in the middle of the other blister! :mad: I'm not so much worried about that but I had signed up for a half marathon this comming weekend and my forefoot pads are a bit worn down too. I burned through a little bit of skin on em, no blister or anything, but they are a little sensative. Don't know if they are going to recover in time. This was going to be my first real 'racing season', I didnt figure I'd be starting it with a toe blister and sensative pads! The half this weekend I was just going to take easy anyhow, its a small local race and was going to treat it as a training run for a half two weekends after, the cap city half (~10,000 ppl). I'm a bit nervous about the toughness of my feet. Not sure if staying off them or stimiluting them a little is best, or any particular diet?

Thanks Chris for giving me a goal... I kept thinking... got to beat Chris's 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, got to beat his 15 mile easy pace... huff, huff, lol

Made it in 43:46 for a 7:04 pace (10k). Was only half your distance, and I certainly wouldnt call it easy lol! But I was thrilled, thats my second fastest pace in any race. And it was a pretty small race, I pulled off 3rd overall and got my first plaque! Maybe I'll put up another thread about it. Thanks for giving me some motivation!
What fun!

Reactions: Tristan-OH
Made it in 43:46 for a 7:04 pace (10k). I was thrilled, thats my second fastest pace in any race.

I'm a bit worried about the feet. ............Don't know if they are going to recover in time. This was going to be my first real 'racing season', I didnt figure I'd be starting it with a toe blister and sensative pads! The half this weekend I was just going to take easy anyhow, its a small local race and was going to treat it as a training run for a half two weekends after, the cap city half (~10,000 ppl). I'm a bit nervous about the toughness of my feet. Not sure if staying off them or stimiluting them a little is best, or any particular diet?

Nice time!

Your feet will let you know what they are happy with but I suspect they'll be just fine in a couple of days. You'll not lose significant conditioning if you don't run over the rest of the week before your half this weekend and that should set you up nicely for the bigger event a couple of weeks later.

Have fun and take it easy.

Stop worrying Tristan, you'll be fine if you have broken skin put some Neosporin on it and that will take care of it.
Congrats on the race-nice pace!

Reactions: Tristan-OH
1.11 miles shod, then went to do the stationary bike and was only able to do about 10 minutes worth as nature called and said it was urgent. :rolleyes: I had planned on doing about 30 minutes on the stationary, but now I've lost motivation and I was kind of struggling anyways so probably better take my bodies cues and just be done for the day.

Sunday: 1hr 20 min swim, kids were behaving well in the water and not shivering sitting out and complaining, so very few breaks. Crazy lady was there and even though I got there first, she nearly kicked me out. I was honored she let me stay. No, crazy ANGRY lady was there. I don't mean me: I'm a crazy lady with totally separate issues.

Monday: gym workout ~50 min
lunch swim ~45 min
evening swim ~45 min

Guess I"m on a swim kick again.
My foot still hurts like the dickens.Can't even walk without limping. NO idea. Guess it doesn't matter.
Whatever. swim doesn't seem to make it worse. Body will take care of it at some point.

Felicidades Antonio nosotros necesitamos ver fotografias, tienes unas fotos de tu boda?
Por favor?
Por supuesto, en cuanto pueda subo una foto en este hilo ;D

Reactions: Barefoot Dama