Mileage Reporting 13th Week of 2013

Five miles on very tired legs from yesterday's workout, no STG as I was hoping but it was outside so that was good.
@Lee, Not as far as you thought but hey 8.4 mi is a very good distance.
@Bob it really sounds lovely, my skin is very green right now(pure envy).
@Laura, 12 miles, HOOORAAAY!!!!
@Scedastic, Lucky that you are able to nap, let the napping continue!
@Nick, I am really hoping that your discovery fixes all your ills. Good luck.

had to circumvent this one dog on my formerly safe no dog route as there is a big one loose that is starting to get obnoxious with me. Was going to do weights but took a nap instead. A theme of napping emerges.
One thing I'm really appreciating about my Garmin is the ability to adjust my route when coming across these dogs. When I was on mile 10 today there was a man in the adjacent field calling his loose dog. You know, the kind of voice that the dog knows it is in charge? So, I was watching and all of a sudden I realized the one he was yelling at was a different larger one closer to me. I guess it had been hidden by a shrub. It came up on the path and I turned around immediately! I had passed my dog off to my daughter, or I'm sure it would have chased me. Especially nerve wracking when my body was already pushing it's limits for the day.
I think naps are worth double points because they show wisdom.;)

hey, I wonder how I did that! A quote within a quote! Dama?

Hahaha, practice, practice and pratice some more until you got it just right. Good job!
Seriously, I think it happens when quoting a portion of the quote. That's what I have noticed anyways.

Reactions: happysongbird
Happiness is being in the woods! Today I spent 4 WONDERFUL hours in the woods! I experienced soft moss and squishy mud and hooting owls and flitting butterflies and sweet scented flowers and the tinkling sound of water and last, but not least, two slugs squished onto the bottom of my foot! Ahhhhh, that's how I know that my spring, barefoot running season, has officially started! Oh! And this attached photo is the tree under which I am going to live, one day!

Attachments

• 20130328_135945.jpg
    20130328_135945.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • 20130328_141559.jpg
    20130328_141559.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20130328_120825.jpg
    20130328_120825.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 9
Happiness is being in the woods! Today I spent 4 WONDERFUL hours in the woods! I experienced soft moss and squishy mud and hooting owls and flitting butterflies and sweet scented flowers
I love trillium flowers!

Today I ran my usual route 3.2 miles it was spring like weather. Believe the high was 65 with calm winds. Yipee! :wacky: Great day for a run! Timed my run and ended up doing the 3.2 miles in 26 min and 58 sec. Doing the math looks likes its about 8:25 per mile. Quite a bit better than my usual pace of near upper 9's. I did pick up the pace some again today and it seems like maybe I can run just a tad bit more efficiently or maybe there is a slight improment in my form.
Walked on some of the gravel trails in the park after the run and did a few streches too. Last fall the park installed some exercise stations and while walking past thes to the car I decided to give the wobble board a try. I had been thinking about either getting one or maybe attempting to make one this summer so I was anxious to try it out. Liked it pretty well. Have to look into getting one of those.
There is a large dirt pile in the middle of town known as "Tornado Hill". (named this after being the location of the burried rebel after the June 3, 1980 tornadoes) I left the park and drove to the hill thinking maybe a few trips climbing up and down this mound would be good for some sole building and further strengthen some leg muscles. Most winters the grass on the hill is beat down to bare dirt from constant sledding. This being the largest hill near town without traveling quite a distance it usually looks like a snowy mound full of busy ants when driving by it after a snow storm. I have even seen a few kids slide down this hill in the summer on just a piece of cardboard. Its quite steep so no snow is needed in the summer just a not so lazy kid and a sturdy chunk of cardboard.
My first couple of times up and down I was being extra carefull as this would be the first time I had ever gone up it barefoot and was hoping that there would not be any stickers. From a distance it probably looked like I was tippy toeing and it was a bit embarrasing but luckily there were only a couple people nearby that could have spotted me. :barefoot: Just about the time was getting a bit more comfortable going up and down the hill and picked up my pace I stepped on a texas sandbur. Ouch! :eek: Luckily it didnt stick too deep so I pulled it out and kept on going up and down the hill 11 times. After stepping on about a dozen of those critters I quickly learned that if I stayed off to the side of these sleigh paths there were no thorns just a dirt and gravel mixture. Luckily none of the thorns I stepped on were too bad. Either I was reacting in time to not step on them hard enough to drive them all the way into my foot or my feet are getting a bit more conditioned. After the 11 climbs it was nearly dark so I decided to call it a day.

Quite a bit better than my usual pace I did pick up the pace some again today and it seems like maybe I can run just a tad bit more efficiently or maybe there is a slight improment in my form.

That is something I also experience. Sometimes going a liitle faster actually feels easier.

That is something I also experience. Sometimes going a liitle faster actually feels easier.
Yah, that's the main reason I want to get faster, because it feels better--easier, smoother, funner.

When I can get my LSD/aerobic pace down to 9mm, and my tempo/lactate threshold pace down to 8mm, I'll be very happy indeed. Anything beyond that will be frosting on the cake.

Went on a awesome Moonlit trail run last night with the wife, 5.0 miles of absolute awesomeness. I so miss our weekly date run night. Must start those up again.:)

Sounds heavenly Bob.

And I really admire how you embrace winter.

@Lee, Not as far as you thought but hey 8.4 mi is a very good distance.

Oh, yeah. I feel satisfied. Right now, with the cold anyway, 8-9 miles feels like my limit without getting too fatigued. I'll probably get to 10 miles in April sometime, especially if I can run a bit faster once it warms up. My joints seem to fatigue more at slower paces, my muscles more at faster paces, but my muscles can adapt quicker to longer distances.
If I can get to 10 next month, and keep adding a mile to my LSD run each month, then I should be in fine stead for the half Mary in early August, at least in terms of 'just finish'-ing. Next year, if I end up liking racing, I can work on points for style.

Had my PT apt last night, may have stumbled accidentally upon the root cause of my problems.
Hope this is it for you my duck-footed friend. You deserve some relief. I'll take some credit for having first identified you as a duck.

Happiness is being in the woods! Today I spent 4 WONDERFUL hours in the woods!
Looks like some beautiful running country Jen!

Laura, you're already getting good at this quoting on quote thingy...hahaha.
Lee is probably cringing by now he hates this messed up quotes.

I hope this is it for me too man. I thought you identified me as a squirrel or chipmunk first?
I said something to the effect that for all I know, everyone on here is a chipmunk with typing skills, then wondered which is more real, and if, in fact, I myself might be a fast-typing chipmunk. I guess as an rodential ethnographer I'm fascinated by this new form of human interaction.

Then when you were discussing how difficult it is to find shoes for your wide feet, I suggested that you face up to the possible reality of being a duck.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I hope you're on your way to recovery.

I said something to the effect that for all I know, everyone on here is a chipmunk with typing skills, then wondered which is more real, and if, in fact, I myself might be a fast-typing chipmunk. I guess as an rodential ethnographer I'm fascinated by this new form of human interaction.

Then when you were discussing how difficult it is to find shoes for your wide feet, I suggested that you face up to the possible reality of being a duck.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I hope you're on your way to recovery.
dude that is so totally deep.

I had an incredible hike in Zion NP on Wednesday with my son and two of my friends. All of us shod including my son in his boat anchors.:( Perfect conditions in a beautiful place. I'll try to post some pictures in my Zion Traverse thread when my son comes back with his I-Phone after spring break. No troubles, my heel hurt no worse after than a normal day of work.

Wildcat Canyon trail to West Rim to Angels Landing. 22 miles total.

and speaking of chipmunks, Bare Lee, we saw some living on top of Angels Landing. One wrong chipmunk move to a 1200 ft vertical cliff. Chipmunk respect!
images

dude that is so totally deep.
To paraphrase Kansas, "all we are is chipmunks on the net."
ah yes, but that which goes up..........
must come down,
spinning wheel got to go round
Talking about your troubles it's a crying sin
Ride a painted pony
Let the spinning wheel spin ...

I actually sang that in a grade school talent show . . . didn't win.

One wrong chipmunk move to a 1200 ft vertical cliff. Chipmunk respect!
Never underestimate the heart of a champion chipmunk!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts