Mileage reporting 10th week 2014

Well...if Mike decided to run it, at least you will have someone else who is apparently "high" -to run with.
Really? Negative Nelly huh? Hopefully Mike knows if he is ready or not and will not bite off more than he can chew, but I think he is a big boy and can make that decision himself. My only concern is that long a** hill and the serious lack of hills that I have out here where I live. I have two 20 foot long hills in front of my house which I think just might be the only hills here in this town. The distance I am not worried about at all though. I should be able to do the distance just fine and at a good clip. We'll see though with that hill added in.

Only during the summer. In the winter, you get bonus points. It's the Scandinavian influence we have here in Minnesota.
Got a good giggle out of this. :)

Butt seriously, I like the four-letter, monosyllabic symmetry of 'bare' versus 'shod.' Aren't you glad you asked? Or maybe I could go for 'barefoot' versus 'shodfoot.' I don't like 'barefoot' versus 'shod' though. Makes it seem like the latter, shorter term is the unmarked category (see Prague School Linguistics for a fuller explanation).

I do like to see people think carefully about the words they use, actually. It does frame how people think. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this predisposition! (even though I know you are also being funny).

Reactions: Bare Lee
Really? Negative Nelly huh? Hopefully Mike knows if he is ready or not and will not bite off more than he can chew, but I think he is a big boy and can make that decision himself. My only concern is that long a** hill and the serious lack of hills that I have out here where I live. I have two 20 foot long hills in front of my house which I think just might be the only hills here in this town. The distance I am not worried about at all though. I should be able to do the distance just fine and at a good clip. We'll see though with that hill added in.

I would actually call myself, Realistic Rhonda. :) That hill IS a b****. That 15k stands as my best PR -with socks. Lol. I believe I did 10:22. My base runs were 6-7 mile trail runs at the time -but no ST at that time. That hill is a long, slow incline -nothing Wildwood could prepare me for. Mike's been doing a lot of ST in addition to 5ish mile runs -so if he fights off the initial adrenaline jolt -he should kick butt on this. You have been doing a lot of ST too, that, in my opinion is 50% of the necessary preparation for races.

30 minutes hiking. Two nights ago I managed to figure out the side effects of one of my meds is what has been causing an immense amount of muscle problems. I cut it down to half two nights ago. It only takes 24 hours to leave the system. In just two days I only have half the stiffness, trigger points, and aches and pain that I did.My pdoc gave me the go ahead to stop it completely, just today. Out of habit, I accidentally took a FULL dose tonight. ARGH! I should have burned them the moment I left that appointment!!! 5 hours until the symptoms start over. I had to stop running and swimming because of this, and it was interrupting my sleep. Needlessto say, I am pissed!

Reactions: Bare Lee
30 minutes hiking. Two nights ago I managed to figure out the side effects of one of my meds is what has been causing an immense amount of muscle problems. I cut it down to half two nights ago. It only takes 24 hours to leave the system. In just two days I only have half the stiffness, trigger points, and aches and pain that I did.My pdoc gave me the go ahead to stop it completely, just today. Out of habit, I accidentally took a FULL dose tonight. ARGH! I should have burned them the moment I left that appointment!!! 5 hours until the symptoms start over. I had to stop running and swimming because of this, and it was interrupting my sleep. Needlessto say, I am pissed!
Wrong week there red. Hope stopping these meds does in fact help you out.

i prefer bare to rubbers. brunette to blond. beer to wine. wine to beer. liquor to sicker.

a few runs in this week. did a fastish run on T in sandals. was a bit wiped by the end so i'm going to carry some honey water with me for sunday's race.
w-easy run to shake out my slightly sore legs.
th- easy trail run.
f-napping during class.
sat-will only walk dogs
s-race day. if it rains i'll go bf. it should be cold. if i can warm up enough i'll go bf. can't get too drunk after this time since it's finals week. :rage:

i prefer bare to rubbers. brunette to blond. beer to wine. wine to beer. liquor to sicker.

a few runs in this week. did a fastish run on T in sandals. was a bit wiped by the end so i'm going to carry some honey water with me for sunday's race.
w-easy run to shake out my slightly sore legs.
th- easy trail run.
f-napping during class.
sat-will only walk dogs
s-race day. if it rains i'll go bf. it should be cold. if i can warm up enough i'll go bf. can't get too drunk after this time since it's finals week. :rage:

So you were jealous of me and wsnted to post in the wrong week, too? :p

Reactions: migangelo