Middle Georgia Run

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by MattD, Oct 15, 2013.

1. MattD

MattD Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hey guys, newbie BF runner here. In my new member introduction thread there is mention of organizing a trail run in Middle Georgia. Aside from the river walk in downtown Macon and a place called Pig Trail I'm not sure of any place thats particularly BF friendly.

Anyone interested?

2. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Macon is a ways of a drive for me...a couple hours. How far can you run comfortably on easy trails you figure?
    How far is Dauset trails for you?

3. MattD

MattD Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Dauset is only about 45 min away from me. If I get the time I'll scout it out one of these days - the older I get the less time I have figuratively and literally.

I make it up to Gwinnett every couple of months and would love to pick your brain on good trails up there. Friends and family scattered across top side perimeter from Marietta to Dacula.

4. MattD

MattD Barefooters
    1. Georgia

As for stamina, I do 5k 2 or 3 times a week on flat pavement. And as I mentioned in my intro post, I've only recently started doing the last mile barefoot.

So probably about 5k on easy trails? Less most likely, though it doesn't hurt my feelings to walk.

5. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

On easy trails I usually double my mileage...just don't push it if you hit painful sections. Slow down and walk and don't be afraid to put shoes on or go slow.

6. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

Next time your up to Gwinnett and have time for a run let me know a bit a head of time...I'll figure a good place to go run with you. There is at least 40 - 50 miles of barefoot friendly trails around here...some easy some harder plenty of both. After Thanksgiving though the temps get on the cold side and may limit the distance.