Methode Naturelle

Nice video. Makes me crave a barefoot run.

I would certainly say I am although I had never given it a name before. I am not as limber as the lovely lady in the video but like to have a few adventures every day. You can often find me up a tree :happy: or hanging from a bridge. It's guaranteed to send my dogs bananas. The other thing I enjoy is taking shortcuts, if I'm going to the shops I will vault fences, cut through bushes (No I'm not a strange man lurking in a bush) and cut across roundabouts and islands. One thing I do love doing is walking and running in streams or rivers... It's extremely good fitness resistance training for your legs. I must try and get my brother to take a video to post here. The other thing I enjoy is taking shortcuts.

If I feel the need I will also jump straight into deeper rivers or lakes whilst I'm out walking. It gives me chance to interact with nature and my dogs in a way which is very special.

I'm wondering if the minimal clothing as well as barefoot is part of it because unless it's extremely cold I never wear much more than shorts and a tee. I love the fact that if it's raining, hailing or blowing up a storm I don't have to insulate myself from it. In fact I get a chuckle from seeing other walkers wrapped up to the nines in their waterproofs and heavy clothing trying to avoid puddles and mud. I just get back to the car. Towel myself off and put a dry tee on. So much easier. Once I get home I rinse the mud of with a garden hose and towel till tingly.

Reactions: jcornelius6
Great video,
I almost had a tear in my eye as she was climbing around in the tree, I've not done that in soooo many years. I had such a strong urge to climb a tree but Gum trees are not the best for climbing over here, I need some good English trees Oaks and Sycamore.
We are missing so much in our artificial environments, we are so far away from nature now and are paying a high price.
I had a nice 16km run along the beach today and felt so relaxed after. I think Methode Naturelle is a great way of getting back our natural balance and agility that the computer and desk lifestyle has robbed us of.

Neil

I have seen that the MovNat guys do a weekend seminar here every couple of years. I am going to do the next one. Hopefully it's closer than a couple of years away :)
In the meantime, I do some body weight exercise in the local park, using the kids play equipment and do some trail running and hiking to enjoy nature. Is the old Methode Naturelle book available anywhere?