Messaging & Notification Settings

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
If you want to be notified whenever a post is added to a thread you've created or contributed to, please follow this info:

Notifications are tricky when it comes to following threads. You will need to go to the Edit tab under your profile page and select Messaging and Notifications Settings, then check the Autosubscribe box, which will allow you to automatically subscribe to any thread you create or post a comment to. The thing is, once you've done that and you don't want to receive notifications on a thread or post that you contribute to, you will have to check the Do not send notifications for this update box under the Notifications option at the bottom of each of those threads or posts you don't want to be notified of changes to.

I've done all that, but do

I've done all that, but do not receive automatic notifications.

Is there a "from" address that I should add to my mail client's whitelist?

Thanks!

Alan

Try

Try [email protected]

I'm sure you've checked your spam folder.

I doubt many if anyone else is using this feature, since no one has brought this to my attention before. So I wouldn't know if anyone else has had trouble with it. I could set it up for myself, but I am overburdened right now with other issues to troubleshoot this one.

In case this is a fluke in the system, and I know this bites, but if there is a thread you are really interested, you could create a shortcut for it. I know that's lame, but that's all I can think of right now.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks, TJ.I monitor my spam

Thanks, TJ.

I monitor my spam folder, so am not sure what the glitch is. I'll put the no-reply address in my whitelist anyway.

I suspect the error is in the BRS site's send capability, as notifications aren't showing up in any of the ways I receive mail (i.e., Thunderbird on a Linux machine, Thunderbird on a Windows machine, and Web mail on both).

Not a deal breaker, anyway. I'll just follow the threads.

Alan

Sorry I couldn't be of more

Sorry I couldn't be of more help at the moment, Alan. Thanks for understanding.

All of a sudden, I've started

All of a sudden, I've started getting notifications.

Did one of the BRS site wizards do something to make it right, or was I simply being punished for not being around for a while?

Alan

Maybe your adding that

Maybe your adding that do_not_reply address helped. I wish I knew for sure. If so, you have a very tight wall.

Well, in fact, I never quite

Well, in fact, I never quite around to adding the address...

Alan (who's never been complimented on his "tight wall" before)

Then that makes no sense. 

Then that makes no sense. :puzzled:

This morning, I got, in

This morning, I got, in addition to current notifications, back-dated notifications from when I started posting again here. That suggests that earlier notifications simply got stuck somewhere.

Problem solved, it seems.

Alan

That still just doesn't make

That still just doesn't make sense. I'm sorry. Glad it's cleared up.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts