Member Profile of the Week - David "Barefoot Ram" Vezmar - To be taken with a grain of salt

ramkenbobdaughter.jpg

Member Profile of the WeekDavid "Barefoot Ram" Vezmar To be taken with a grain of saltDave Vezmar, also known as Barefoot Ram (Ramvez) on the forums, is 37 and married to Heather. They live in Milford, Delaware, with their three children (well, four if you count their estrange--or just strange--son M.M. Caw). They have two dogs (a Newfoundland named Zack and a German Shepard named Sheila) and three cats (Peanut, Tabby, and Eclipse).David is an Inventory/Production Planner for a dental manufacturer and enjoys freemasonry, church league softball, and taste testing good craft beer. He adds, “I enjoy long walks on the beach, soft jazz, romantic movies by candle light, snuggling by a fire....wait, wrong questionnaire...”Having only been running for 3-1/2 years, he shows some pretty impressive times with a PR of 22:08 in the 5K, 48:31 in the 10K, and 1:57:07 in the half marathon. He says his favorite race is the Dogfish Dash 10K because “it is a local race, about 15 minutes from home, but it's large and lots of fun, AND there's free Dogfish Head beer at the finish. Beat THAT losers!!” His most memorable running experience took place just after a couple months of transitioning to barefoot running. “I attempted my first 5K. My daughter wanted to run with me, so my first barefoot 5K was my daughter’s first 5K. It took 35 minutes but we had a blast!" Ram says he enjoys running because “I dig getting free tee shirts, and I get medals when there are less than 3 runners in my age group.”He discovered barefoot running when “the other forum” started. “I didn't know people actually ran barefoot. As soon as I started reading about it, I knew it was something I wanted to try. I never looked back. I have flat feet so conventional wisdom was to wear heavily supportive shoes; I was literally clunking down the street. Now, I feel lighter, and I can push myself harder.”He said his reason for joining the Barefoot Runners Society was “My shoe laces were being held hostage by TJ and Jason. They said if I didn't join, they would tie them to a pole and throw mustard and mayo on them. Also, it's pretty cool to see what other barefoot runners are up to and to read about their experiences and races.”Ram adds, “If there are any questions or comments please present them in written form, in triplicate, to the BRS Office of International Affairs. They will forward it to the appropriate trash receptacle.” [Those are his words, not ours!] Thanks, Ram! I think.
FunnyFaces.jpg

BigMouth.jpg