Member Map of Tennessean Barefooters as of 6/28/10

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by kelly, Jun 28, 2010.

1. kelly

kelly
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. North Carolina
    2. Tennessee

See the map below. 8 Tennessee Members have replied with their location. 3 members haven't replied. Let's try to get more members. For now, Nashville-ish is looking like the most common area to meet for a run. Does anyone have a running route to recommend in the middle part of the state for a run? This fall, the Tennessee parks start their annual Running Tour which goes from October - March. Check it out. I've run these races in the past and plan on running them again. They are great because all races start at 11 AM on Saturdays, so you have plenty of time to travel. It's a great way to see the beautiful-award-winning parks of Tennessee.

Kelly

View Tennessee Members in a larger map

2. louiewendell

louiewendell
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

I'm heading out on vacation this week but when I get back- I'll hit a few trails and get back with you for some decent places to meet up. I haven't done trail runs in a long time but I know of a lot of great places to go. Percy Warner is great but I'd have to map out a route. It's easy to get lost there.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. runbaber

runbaber
    Expand Collapse
    Chapter Presidents
    1. Tennessee
    2. Presidents

Hey guys -- I did Warner's Mossy Ridge trail a couple of times last week and had a lot of trouble with the amount of gravel on the trail post-flood. You might be able to do it in vff's though. It's a fun one, actually comes out at 5.4 miles and some reasonably good hills.

Let me know if you've got any other ideas here in the Nashville area. My 14 year old son is now running bf with me and Iwant to give him some fun options.

thanks!look forward to meeting y'all!

a

4. Rebecca

Rebecca
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Hi! I'm new to the chapter and new to barefoot running. I'm just starting out. Does anyone run in the Brentwood area?

5. runjeffro

runjeffro
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Hello Rebecca. I run in Murfreesboro, but I work in Franklin/Brentwood area.

I run mostly barefoot, but I have a pair of vff for shopping and going out. It makes my wife feel better, so I wear shoes.

Drop me a line and we can try to connect for a run somewhere.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. dlnp22

dlnp22
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Tennessee

Ok, I'm no internet n00bie, by ANY means, but I can't find a way to update the map?Maybe my work network is disabling the option(who knows).

THATBEINGSAID, Hello all!I work downtown Nashville and live in Spring Hill(30 miles straight south, down rt 65). I guess I could feasibly meet anywhere in between:)

However, for the moment- I'm nursing a yet-to-be-determined anterior shin injury that has been plagueing me for the past month or so.Undoubtedly caused by a case of the ol' too much too soon.

Say a prayer for me, that it's not compartment syndrome :)

If anyone wants to connect- email me at natepiccone@yahoo.com and just put "barefoot" in the subject, or something.........

Cheers!