Meeting Places and Dates Decided

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by thomas_hayes, Sep 23, 2011.

1. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Hello everyone,

After giving a few days for everyone to vote on their preferred meeting place and time, these 3 places have been chosen in order of priority:

1) Piedmont Park

2) Suwanee Towncenter Park

3) Stone Mountain - TBD

For now, there will be two meetings next week at Piedmont Park and Suwanee Towncenter Park. On Monday, September 26th at 5:30PM, there will be a meeting at Piedmont Park. I have never been there before so any suggestions as to exactly where to meet in the park and the best places to park your vehicle would be greatly appreciated. My cell number is 931-683-9594. The following Tuesday on the 27th, there will be a meeting at Suwanee Towncenter Park directly in front of City Hall at 5:30PM.

Please feel free to invite friends and family as this will be an opportunity for veteran and new barefoot runners to do what they feel good doing together! If inclement weather arises on either of these two days, I will promptly email you all to reschedule. But hopefully this will not have to be done. I suggest bringing your minimalist shoes just in case on these days to protect yourself from waterlogged feet and ultimately blisters from any possible rain. Once again, please feel free to call me at my cell if you have any questions or suggestions about these upcoming meetings: 931-683-9594.

Thanks,

Thomas

2. MikeMoAtl

MikeMoAtl Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Thomas - I enjoyed the run in Piedmont Park last night. Thanks for organizing it and pushing me the first lap! See you next time...

3. Crystalstafford

Crystalstafford Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I must have missed you all. I got out there at 5:30 but didn't see anybody. Hopefully next time!

4. zswilson

zswilson Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Agreed, thanks Thomas for setting it up. Very nice to meet some fellow BF runners. Hope to do it again soon. I cannot make it to Suwanee today though; perhaps next time.

5. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Oh noo! Yes, we did a couple laps around the park yesterday. I really do wish we could of met up. Did you get to see the link to Google Maps that showed exactly where the meeting spot was? It was in an email I sent out a day or two ago. Someone called me around 5:18PM shortly afrer I put my cell phone back in the car at the parking garage, but I only found out much later when I had reception again after the run. I do not know if that was you or not.

Im sure we will meet soon!

Take care,

Thomas

6. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I really enjoyed meeting you as well and having the opportunity to swap ideas and push each other. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

7. thomas_hayes

thomas_hayes Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Im glad you enjoyed the meeting Zach, it was great seeing you there too! Hopefully we'll be able to run together again soon.

8. Crystalstafford

Crystalstafford Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I did see the map but I maybe I still wasn't in the right spot. Oh well :)

Looking forward to next time!