Meet Ups

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by TMo, Dec 17, 2012.

1. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

Wouldn't it be cool to do some meet ups at our favorite runs? I have several trails runs in my area that would be awesome for something of the ilk. We could meetup, go run and then grab some coffee. Just thought I would throw this out there for comment.

2. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

T Mo...that would be great. A co-worker and I (he got tired of hearing all about it, tried it and became a convert) regularly run on the Alpharetta Greenway at lunch or after work. There is a long pedestrian/bike only area (12 miles or so) and about 1.5 miles of single path trails through the "wilds" of Alpharetta.

What part of town are you in?

Shoeless Bo

3. TMo

TMo Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I live in Dallas, NW of Marietta, but if we plan one a month, I would love to go ab out anywhere within a couple hours to get it going. The SweetWater Creek trail is my favorite, it is 6 miles till the put the bridge back in. There is also Pickets Mill (5 Miles), Mt. Tabor Park (2,4,or 6 miles), and Kennsaw Mt. Park (up to 17 miles). There is also the sivler comet trail in my area with a few off road trails connected to it as well. ​

4. strangepod

strangepod Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I live in the Buford/Dacula are and go to Little Mulberry all the time, good 2.2mile loop.

5. barefoot_n_ga

barefoot_n_ga Barefooters
    1. Georgia
    2. Florida -...

It would be great to meet up with other barefoot runners. I live in Duluth and usually run on the Suwanee Greenway.

Gerry

6. dlodwn

dlodwn Barefooters
    1. Georgia

I'm trying to run 10 miles everyother day at the Suwanee Greenway. Have also done some runs near my Dahlonega home at Jake and Bull Mountians. Both Jake and Bull mountian bike/horse trails are a great challenge.

7. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ Administrator
    1. Nomad

I am so glad to see my home chapter wanting to get together for some runs. Hey, and maybe some lunch afterwards. Some of the other chapters have started having Movie Night with pizza, beer, whatever, so that's an idea too. They are watching all sorts of running movies, and I can get a copy of Michael and Jessica Sandler's movie Barefoot Running Movie, if you guys want it. Whatever you decide, please add it to the Calendar on the site.

After my next surgery this week, I will be out for another 6 weeks at least, it's been a whole year since I ran, I plan to get into shape, get healthy, and hook up with you guys. I can't wait. I am excited.

And don't forget, Bo, it looks like International Barefoot Running Day (IBRD) will be held the first Sunday in May again in 2013, so please definitely plan something there. -TJ

8. mokaman

mokaman Chapter Presidents
    1. Georgia

I might be able to run with the group depending on when / where. I'm in Dacula and have ran at many of the places mentioned with some of you all before.

TMo, I don't get out your way often but have trail ran at Blankets Creek bike trails and Kennesaw mountain....liked both of those.

9. bogrist

bogrist Barefooters
    1. Georgia

As a side note...I will be running the Publix race in March. Anyone else running it?