Meet up?

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot Everett, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Barefoot Everett

Barefoot Everett Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania

Anyone in the NJ, Phila. area want to get together. I've been showing up at some local trails for group runs trying to convince people I'm not the only crazy one out there. I find most people are very accepting once they realize I can hang with them barefoot.

2. sloutre

sloutre Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. New Jersey
    3. France

I'm in South Jersey, in Marlton. Where do you run trails?
    When I want to meet barefooters I go to Philly to run with the Clark Park Track Club. They run around Clark Park every Monday night. I believe they start at 6:30pm.
    Check their Facebook page.

3. Barefoot Everett

1. Pennsylvania

I have been running every Sunday morning with the Pineland Striders on the Mt. Misery trail in Brendan Byrne State Forest where I live near the Rt 70 -Rt 72 intersection. I run bare, 2 others in VFF's the rest shod. Though this Sunday were all going down to the Ocean Drive Marathon where I hope to run the 10 miler. It would be tough for me to get to Philly to run on a week night. But any other local trails or races I'm in. I've run in most the State and County parks in Burlington,Ocean, and Mercer Counties.

4. sloutre

sloutre Barefooters
    1. Pennsylvania
    2. New Jersey
    3. France

I will try to join you on a Sunday morning, to show them there are at least two crazies in NJ ;-)

Barefoot Everett likes this.
  5. Barefoot Everett

1. Pennsylvania

That would be awesome! Were running this Sunday and probably the next. Another friend of mine who runs ultras in VFF's wants to try barefoot for the first mile this week. April 15th jswan2011 and I will be at the Boston Barefoot Running Festival but I'm sure some of the others from the group would be running and there all great people. I hope you can make it out sometime. We run the Mt. Misery trail leaving from Pakim Pond in Brendan Byrne State forest right off of Rt. 72 Sunday mornings arriving around 7:30 and heading out around 8am. It's an easy paced 10 mile loop with atleast 1 water stop along the way. Let me know if you need help finding it. It's real easy to get to.

6. Marco1971

Marco1971 Barefooters
    1. New Jersey

Howdy ... so are there any meetups organized in New Jersey?

I know there's a group of folks running in the Pine Barren area ... I plan to join you guys in May.

As for Northern/Central Jersey ... are there any folks out there interested in a group run? in a park maybe?