[May 6, 2012] WI/Madison - IBRD - Picnic and Fun Run! (Madison, WI)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by Barefoot TJ, May 1, 2012.

1. Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    1. Test Chapter
    2. Nomad
    3. Hidden...
    4. Hidden...

Our first meetup is Sunday May 6th at 3pm. On Google Maps do a search for Haywood Drive and Arboretum Drive, Madison, WI. This will give you a point at that intersection right on Wingra Creek. I will bring a blanket, my wife and kids and some food, maybe even a grill if I get ambitious. From that point in time and space we could run or walk along the creek on a path, or head into the arboretum for some trails. I'm happy just to sit about if that's all we do.

There are at least 4 or 5 people who have written that you are injured right now. I think it would be really excellent you come even if you just stroll around a bit and enjoy the afternoon together bitching about injuries (good-naturedly of course). I've been there and would be happy to give any advice I could. I was a personal trainer for many years and might be able to help. Bring your families if you like, let's make an afternoon of it.

I would love to have a good showing this coming Sunday as it will be our first, but in the words of Barefoot Kenbob: "I'm happy just to have another person to run barefoot with". So even if only one other person shows, I will consider it a success.

Best wishes and hope to meet you all soon,
    Johnny

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. rsperko

rsperko
    Expand Collapse
    Barefooters
    1. Wisconsin

how did the fun run go? i did not hear anything about it.

-Rick