[May 5, 2013] Utah International Barefoot Running Day (Centerville, UT)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by rik, Apr 24, 2013.

Utah International Barefoot Running Day
Start Date: May 5, 2013 12:30 PM
End Date: May 5, 2013 02:30 PM
Time Zone: America/Denver -06:00 MDT

2250 North Park Hills Drive
Centerville, UT

Posted By: Barefoot TJ

Confirmed Attendees: 4
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
  1. rik

rik Barefooters
    1. Utah

Utah International Barefoot Running Day

BRS Chapter Name or Other Entity: Utah
    Name (First, Last): Richard Turner
    BRS Screen Name: rik
    Contact Email: finishgr8@msn.com
    Event Country or U.S. State: Utah
    Event City/Township: Centerville
    Address & Location of Meeting Point: Freedom Hills Park 2250 North Park Hills Drive (150 East) Centerville, UT; we will meet at the Center of the Large lawn area.
    Meeting Time: 12:30 pm - 2 pm
    What distance will you be hosting?: Other
    If you selected "other" distance above please enter the distance: 1 km walk and 3-5 K run
    Is the meeting part of another event?: No
    Name of Other Event (if "yes" above):
    URL of Other Event (if "yes" above):
    Other Information: Freedom Hills Park 2250 North Park Hills Drive (150 East) Centerville, UT; The Utah Chapter of Barefootrunners.org will be hosting or 3rd annual Lunch and learn at 12:30pm - 2:00pm May 5th Sunday at Freedom Hills Park located in Centerville Utah about 25minuites north of down town Saltlake City. Take I-15 north and take the Centerville exit. You will exit the freeway and go right, two or three traffic lights heading East to main street. Then go left on main for about 1-2 miles you will be heading North. Take the first street on your right past Old Haul Rd. follow the road up the hill to 2250 n 150 e. We will be sharing ideas, techniques, and answering your questions. You and your family can join us for a barefoot stroll in the park. You can then Join us on a run in and around the park and up the trail. Have you have ever had the desire to try barefoot running ? Now is your chance to be a kid again and to feel the earth pass beneath your feet as you run light and free. We will be sharing ideas and techniques that have helped us stay healthy and prevent injuries, as we enjoy running in the great out of doors. The event will be hosted by Rick T and Rick W. We will be covering techniques, exercises, and posture. The event will be a casual learning environment everyone is welcome. Please bring a brown bag lunch, See you in the park !

2. Yukon

Yukon Barefooters
    1. Utah

I'll be there.

Barefoot TJ and rik like this.
  3. rik

rik Barefooters
    1. Utah

Note * You can now take the old haul road to the top and turn left you will see the park on your right *

4. rickwhitelaw

rickwhitelaw Barefooters
    1. Oregon
    2. Utah
    3. Arizona -...

I'll be there. I'll be glad to share all of my bad advice and mishaps. Learn from my mistakes.:)

I look forward to meeting everyone. My shirt just arrived in the mail.

Barefoot TJ likes this.