[May 4, 2014] 2014 IBRD South Wales 10K Barefoot Run/Walk/Hike (South Wales)

Discussion in 'Chapters' started by paulbeales, Jan 22, 2014.

2014 IBRD South Wales 10K Barefoot Run/Walk/Hike
Start Date: May 4, 2014 11:00 AM
End Date: May 4, 2014 01:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

Oxwich
South Wales SA3 1LS

Posted By: Barefoot TJ

Confirmed Attendees: 2
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
  1. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

South Wales 10K Barefoot Run - International Barefoot Running Day - 05/04/14
    Amis Sans Shoes

[​IMG]

Who wants to join me on my 10K barefoot run/walk in the woods and along the beach at Oxwich Bay on the beautiful Gower Peninsular near Swansea, Wales?

This will be a circular route, starting and finishing on the beach next to the car park at Oxwich (Parking is ~£4 per day.)

A printed route map and turn-by-turn photo directions will be provided to all starters. Please note there will be no route markers or marshalls at this event, and this will not be a timed race.

We will be starting the run at 11.00am and there will be no time limit. All starters will be required to report to the organiser(s) at the Oxwich Bay Hotel when they finish their run/walk (and hopefully stay around for food or a drink and a chat with the other entrants after.)

The Amis Sans Shoes 10K Barefoot rules will apply to this event as listed at: https://www.facebook.com/events/641221615900274.

NO shoes, socks or sandals will be allowed for any of the 10K, and all entrants must register at the ticket website above before attending this event. (No entries can be accepted on the day, sorry.)

The currently planned route can be downloaded at: http://runkeeper.com/user/PaulBeales/route/2768985. (The actual route will be checked prior to the event and confirmed on arrival.)

Note - approximately half of the route will be along the beach back to Oxwich. The route is still passable, even at high tide (10.17am)

Please click Going on the Facebook event page to confirm attendance, before registering on the ticket website listed: https://www.facebook.com/events/455905431199333/

-

2. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Anybody know any barefoot runners in Wales that might like to join us?

3. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Here is a brief summary of how to participate in this event:

1. Click Going on the event page on the Amis page at www.facebook.com/amissansshoes

2. Sign up at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/amis-sans-shoes-tickets-10181911371.

3. Receive
    your race bib and information pack.

4. Join us on our 10K run/walk/hike at Oxwich Bay. (No shoes, socks or sandals remember!)

5. Receive your medal and relax in the warmth of your achievement in doing a 10K run/walk/hike in bare feet, in helping to promote barefoot walking and running, and all the good work that will be done around the world with your contribution to CARE International
    Simples :)

4. footloose2

footloose2 Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

I plan to make a weekend of it having spent 6 glorious barefoot years in Wales. This does mean that I will not be attending the Brighton run, sorry! Does it matter that I do not do facebook?

paulbeales likes this.
  5. footloose2

footloose2 Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

The eventbrite link does not appear to let me sign up.....

paulbeales likes this.
  6. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

Hi Footloose,

We will be very happy to have you at the South Wales Amis 10K on IBRD. It is certainly in a beautiful part of Wales. You do not need to be on Facebook as I will be posting photos of the event and details of all participants after our run. You can keep in touch with the latest news of the event by emailing me at bealesp@gmail.com or message me here on the BRS site. There is a fault on the Eventbrite site. Sorry. Thank you for highlighting this. We are working on this now and I will let you know on here when it is fixed.

Please spread the word about the Amis 10K events. The more people we can get involved the better it will be.

Cheers,

Paul

7. paulbeales

paulbeales Barefooters
    1. United Kingdom

It's not too late to join us in South Wales on 4th May 2014! For your barefoot enjoyment, we have woodland trails, smooth tarmac and double yellow lines, warm sand dunes, shortly cropped grass, miles and miles of sandy beach, and a couple of short stretches of gravel track for good measure! https://www.facebook.com/events/455905431199333

untitled.JPG